PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and other odd feelings.

Zacten
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I've been having problems when I've been working out, especially doing ab and chest workouts. I've been getting this nauseous feeling and a sensation in my chest that feels like I need to burp but then becomes progressively worse as my workout continues and makes me feel like I have to vomit. I'm not sure if it's caused by dehydration, or from drinking too much water during my workout.

My pre-workout consists of a meal with lots of carbs about 1-2 hours before my workout and a protein shake with creatine 30 minutes before my workout. I drink the protein shake with about 15 ounces of water and normally i drink about 4-8 ounces of water per hour. During my workout I'll get a couple of drinks from the drinking fountain every 5-10 minutes. Any recommendations on what I could do stop this feeling? It's really holding back my workout. I ended up moving those exercises to the end of my routine, but even then I don't feel like I can fully push myself. Thanks!

LilDragon
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
As everyone is different, I'm just going to tell you what worked for me and stopped that problem when I had it. When you eat a lot of food or drink a lot of water you'll need plenty of time to digest before working out, so make sure you've had that time. For me it tends to be about two hours. Before I would make frequent trips to the water fountain, and by the end of the work out I'd feel sick. So remove the water during the work out, and if you do have any, just take a sip, and I do mean sip. You should be able to go through a whole workout without really needing to drink water if you drink that much before hand. And even after the workout drink it slowly as you cool down. That burp feeling is your stomach being too full, which goes back to how often you'd drink during the workout and why it would begin to feel worse. I'm far from being an expert, but this should help if you're anything like me.