PDA

View Full Version : Leg problem-HELP!

somaro
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
A few weeks ago, I injured myself on the leg playing soccer. Not quite on the shin, not quite on the calf, but somewhere on the side. I have been to the hospital, but I have been told that it's nothing but a bruise.
However, it hurts a lot. For those who live in cold climates, the pain is reminiscent to when you dip your leg in a deep pile of snow.
To make matters worse, the pain has extended to the ankle, and it's also swollen now. I can't walk properly without having to endure pain, let alone any sort of weight lifting involving ankle movement or high intensity cardio.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

LilDragon
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm far from an expert, but I have a few things that might help. Try stretching it several times a day, being soccer player you should have plenty of them that you can do. Try to work it out as well, using the ABC method (writing the alphabet with your foot), and getting your soccer ball, rolling it in circles with your foot. If it feels like it's too much pain slow down or take a break. Might want to think about getting an ankle wrap for the time being. Once again I'm not a doctor but these few ideas might help.