PDA

View Full Version : Pain in bends of my knees

ChuckBird
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys, For over a year I've had severe pain in the bends of my knees, not in my knee caps but in the soft spot in the back. When I squat I'm fine until just above parallel and then they hurt like crazy, but after I break parallel I'm fine again. It eases up after a couiple of sets, but it always comes back later. The same thing happens on deadlifts. Any ideas on what might be going on?

euphoria1
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Weird. It could be because of the formation of a baker's cyst which could be caused by your knees being misaligned, meniscus tears. It could be because of a misaligned pelvis or weird feet/poor orthotics, or uneven muscle development in your quad muscle group, hamstring. If it a cyst, you'd need to get it remove, but I would go get checked by a chiro to try to fix the underlying problem.

150shot
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Pretty impresive Euphoria bout the Bakers Cyst =)
Yes it could be this, also other options she explained.

ALthough I'm not to big on Chiros, but would rather go see a Certfied Athletic Trainer, Physical therapist, or if you have the time an orthopedic surgeon.

ChuckBird
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks, for the advice, You mentioned it might be in my feet. Well I am as flat footed as a duck. Do you think that could be part of it?

oziem
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Euphoria may be correct though you are on the young side.
I think (call me narrowminded) that the flat feet and weakness in the posterior knee are all sacral pathways of the sciatic nerve related. Orthotics for the feet at this point might be best, this will also stabilize the above extremities. Of course I would strongly advise a lowback adjustment which might be a disc somewhere between L5 to S3.
I can understand why someone is not big on chiros, many do not focus on adjusting that works. You have to seek out the specific effective docs.

Tucdaddy
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
tendonitis at the insertion site of your hamstrings?

ChuckBird
04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
That's what i was thinking it might be. I put some Flexall on the other night and it seemed to help.

04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
tendonitis at the insertion site of your hamstrings?

could it be gastroc?