PDA

View Full Version : Dizzyness/Sickness/Disorientation in Gym?

user321655
04-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Hey Just got back from the gym.

I havent worked out in just over a week due to a school trip to America (vermont, Stowe) and i just went over to the gym because i really needed to go there because i hadnt been in such a long time..

Anyway I got there and felt ok so i go to the toilet, put stuff in locker then head out to the workout area. I did a quick warmup on bike for 5 minutes slow rpm.

When i get onto the weights my arms got pumped a lot quicker than usual. I then felt sort of dizzy whilst on the flies machine. I had a lot of water to drink and then i started getting a bit disorientated whilst walking around. I thought that id use a few more machines (too cover the basic muscle groups) before i went but i only managed arms and chest (usually do that anyway its just i wanted to do full workout because i hadnt been in a while.)

Anyway i walk out and started to feel pretty sick.

What was this? Was it because i hadnt had much food before hand? Weather was hot and im not use to it?

It was sort of symptons of a migrain *spelling* but it was different.

Jake57
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Hard to say, it could be so many things, like weather, something you ate, blood pressure, sinus problems, etc. See if it keeps on happening and take note of the conditions surrounding the episodes and see if you can figure it out from there. If it's really chronic, see a doctor.

user321655
04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Cheers jake ill take that in mind. I think its something i ate or the weather because it was really stuffy in the gym for some reason.

oziem
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Hard to say, it could be so many things, like weather, something you ate, blood pressure, sinus problems, etc. See if it keeps on happening and take note of the conditions surrounding the episodes and see if you can figure it out from there. If it's really chronic, see a doctor.

x2