PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Polarbear77
04-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Can anyone help
Just wondered if anyone had come across this in training before,have recently been suffering from bad headaches after training and most of the following day.
I know that it sounds like a real trivial thing but the headaches get so bad that i am totally exhausted by the end of the day and it is affecting my training in a big way.
Really appreciate any feedback.

-RiK-
04-12-2007, 02:40 AM
how much water do you drink a day? drinking 2+ litres a day can help flush toxins as well as keep your skin clear and help prevent headaches.

Westside_Reflex
04-12-2007, 02:51 AM
i suffered with this a couple months back. i reckon it was to do with water, as recomended above, so defo get your intake up, particularly around training time.

AxlTurwalt
04-12-2007, 03:00 AM
how much water do you drink a day? drinking 2+ litres a day can help flush toxins as well as keep your skin clear and help prevent headaches.

x3

Polarbear77
04-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks guys just never thought it could be something as simple as that,i take water but only with my protein shakes maybe twice per day.
Will deffo up it straight away.
Really appreciate your knowledge and feedback.

Ajk_Lpool
04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
They're called exertional headaches, I can be caused by a number of things.

Firstly, like the other members stated, drink plenty of water. Water is so essential to overcome this, believe me (I've suffered with them before). Exertional headaches occur through extreme physical exertion, usually when the person is not breathing correctly or not getting enough oxygen supply during the exercise. You can overcome this by perfecting your breathing technique on an exercise. I use to struggle with leg presses, so I ditched them, because they would make me miss a week of training and they just wern't worth it.

My advice to you would be to take a weeks rest off the gym, and next time it comes to hitting the bodypart that gave you the headaches, ditch the exercise that gave you them. Drink plenty of water and make sure you're breathing properly on exercises. Breath is as you lower the weight, and out as you lift/press it.

Flex500
04-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Can anyone help
Just wondered if anyone had come across this in training before,have recently been suffering from bad headaches after training and most of the following day.
I know that it sounds like a real trivial thing but the headaches get so bad that i am totally exhausted by the end of the day and it is affecting my training in a big way.
Really appreciate any feedback.
more than likely it is an exertional headache. Here is a thread I made about it....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=566390&highlight=exertional+headache

oziem
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
the above posters are right on (lactic acid release can give a hangover feeling) drink lots of distilled h20 or tomato juice.
Overexertion may mean adjusting your workout or more rests for breathing.
If you do get the headaches in other circumstances see an MD or DC.

LilDragon
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't go as far as ditching the exercise completely. Cutting back on the weight you use during the exercise would work just as well.

Polarbear77
04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
I started taking more water yesterday 5 litres to be exact,i also done 10 mins of cardio before lifting and bingo! The headaches have miracuosly dissappeared.
2 weeks of constant headaches gone,feels so good.
Never stop learning in this game.
Thanks for all the feedback,GREAT STUFF!