PDA

View Full Version : Detour Bars

volcomsurfer24
02-09-2004, 06:22 PM
are these good protein bars to supplement for a small meal during the day for someone who is looking to lose weight. i doubt it as they are high in fat and cals...but im trying to find a decent tasting bar that is good for you as well, can anyone help?

Mademan118
02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
i was also wondering this but with the U-Turn Bar. Bein that im in school 6 hours a day and work 5 more hours after that these things are quick and easy to eat instead of an entire. i would only eat 1-2 a day. but yea same question.

volcomsurfer24
02-09-2004, 07:30 PM
no one is answering tho

sau2004
02-09-2004, 07:37 PM
I know what you are saying, I have a pretty busy schedule too. I think most people here will not recommend protein bars when cutting, but I think EAS Myoplex carb sense bars are better than the detour or u turn bars if you are cutting. I've been eating these 1 a day sometimes 2 and I am still losing weight. I think marble fudge is pretty good

Emma-Leigh
02-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by volcomsurfer24
are these good protein bars to supplement for a small meal during the day for someone who is looking to lose weight. i doubt it as they are high in fat and cals...but im trying to find a decent tasting bar that is good for you as well, can anyone help?

In my opinion, detour bars are just like glorified candy bars. You could have a whey shake and 1/2 a snickers and you would basically be getting the same macro values...

If you can not eat real food (how hard is it to pack yourself an apple and 1 cup of cottage cheese?), or make yourself some home-made bars (oats + egg white powder/soy powder + cinnamon + egg whites etc etc), then try to go for a bar that is not so bad for you like one with less sugars or less fats(however, I think that all bars are poor substitutes for real food).

Dr Bill
02-10-2004, 09:16 AM
When I was on a 40/40/20 split I would enjoy a muscletech meal replacement bar. It had 400 calories, 25 protein ect...

Not the greatest thing but in a hurry it worked and tasted decsent.

Try to eat real food though.

-Bill

Mademan118
02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Emma-Leigh
In my opinion, detour bars are just like glorified candy bars. You could have a whey shake and 1/2 a snickers and you would basically be getting the same macro values...

If you can not eat real food (how hard is it to pack yourself an apple and 1 cup of cottage cheese?), or make yourself some home-made bars (oats + egg white powder/soy powder + cinnamon + egg whites etc etc), then try to go for a bar that is not so bad for you like one with less sugars or less fats(however, I think that all bars are poor substitutes for real food).

its not hard to pack the lunch, its eatting it thats a problem. In class i cant ake a bite out of an apple. If i do im otld to throw it away. id rather be able to take a bite of a protien bar and hide it under my desk while i chew it. Lemme get the nutritional facts for it...

Calories 300
Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Total Carbs 26g 9%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 9g
Protein 30g 60%
Calcium 130mg 13%
Iron .7mg 4%
Phosphorus 140mg 14%
Sodium 280mg 10%
Potassium 450mg 13%

Thats for the u-turn bar. Also i would need to eat one when on the job cause i only get a small break. when i work a 8-9 hour shift i cant get all my meals i need to during that time. also the reason i suggest the u-turn is because i found an awesoem deal on them (buck a bar). so thats why.

Dr Bill
02-10-2004, 01:44 PM
That doesn't seem to bad in a pinch.

I thought someone had said that Uturn bars lied on te nutritional information. Perhaps I am wrong.

-Bill

Mr Nasty
02-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I'd stay away from those detour and u-turn bars. As someone just said, they are simply protein packed candy bars. They made with hydrogenated oils. If you know anything at all about hydrogenated foods, you'd stay away from the junk.