PDA

View Full Version : external hip pelvic gluteal pain?

someguy20
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Getting a pain that is on the top muscles of my butt that wont seem to go away its been there for a couple of months. It feels like a sore muscle its where my butt starts after my back ends and theres what feels like a sore muscle on the external side where . its achey but doesnt botehr me most of the time when I excercise mostly when im not excercising is when I notice it.
anyone got any ideas what the problem could be? Im thinking weak glutes but would they be sore all the time if they were just weak? Havent worked out in probly 2 months.

jingles142
04-14-2007, 08:13 PM
could be sciatica or piriformis syndrome, maybe!!

Does the pain shoot down your leg??

I have a bulging disc that pushes on my sciatic nerve that causes a very very annoying pain. Exercise seems to be the only thing that helps me. Sitting is absolutley the worst for me. I have had 3 epidural steriod injections that have helped only for a very short time.

I understand piriformis syndrome to be a tightening of the butt muscle that never relaxes. <~~~ Not sure though

Massages help a lot too but I can always afford them and the husband hates giving them.

someguy20
04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
could be sciatica or piriformis syndrome, maybe!!

Does the pain shoot down your leg??

I have a bulging disc that pushes on my sciatic nerve that causes a very very annoying pain. Exercise seems to be the only thing that helps me. Sitting is absolutley the worst for me. I have had 3 epidural steriod injections that have helped only for a very short time.

I understand piriformis syndrome to be a tightening of the butt muscle that never relaxes. <~~~ Not sure though

Massages help a lot too but I can always afford them and the husband hates giving them.

I do get pain in my thigh and my foot feels funny but its not excruciating pain, pain seems to come and go which makes me beleive its muscle related(because a herniated disk is usually herniated for well until you fix it) pain comes and go as fast as a hour.

TheBP
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I have a herniated disc it starts where you were speaking of and the pain shoots down my legs. It can be sporadic and often a dull ache somtimes a shooting pain. I would get to a dr. if it is not a severe case you can easily rehabilitate it if it is herniated it can be a quite bit more difficult