PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever feel like...

ShotClock
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
...one wrong move and it's all gunna fall apart? Take squats for example- I'm constantly worried that one day, I'll go a little too low on squats, round my back a little, and boom, I'm out of commission for a year or more. The same goes for deadlift.

I hear mixed messages from people regarding this stuff....like that one little mistake can completely screw you up. But isn't the human body resilient enough to handle a little extra stress? Or maybe I'm just trying to put myself at ease a bit...

dunno
04-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Ya I hear you I sometimes think like that too. But i don't know just think about how many more ppl go un-injured we just hear about the injured ones more. I just try not to think about it I guess...it doesent help reading the injury form though haha.

dexterium
04-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Correct form is not hard to accomplish. If you're worried, use a low weight and high reps to perfect your form. Hell, even ask one of the guys at the gym to check your form on an exercise. I even did this yesterday, its not a big deal! :D

Good luck man

Flex500
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
...one wrong move and it's all gunna fall apart? Take squats for example- I'm constantly worried that one day, I'll go a little too low on squats, round my back a little, and boom, I'm out of commission for a year or more. The same goes for deadlift.

I hear mixed messages from people regarding this stuff....like that one little mistake can completely screw you up. But isn't the human body resilient enough to handle a little extra stress? Or maybe I'm just trying to put myself at ease a bit...
honestly I worry a hell of a lot more about driving to work and some 16 year who isn't paying attention running a red light and smashing into me or being hit by a drunk driver.

actually I don't really worry about the above, but if I did worry I'd worry about what I wrote above^^ more than a major gym injury

Uriel_da_man
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
You'd need a really bad luck to injure yourself because your lower back was slightly rounded.

People usually only get seriously hurt when they're using really bad form and too much weight.