PDA

View Full Version : please read if you have a joint injury

oziem
04-10-2007, 05:08 PM
There is a major difference between a joint sprain and a muscle strain.
Most strains heal themselves in a few days of rest. Some joint sprains do too.
Many sprains (as well as disc herniations, meniscus tears, bursitis) do not heal readily because the cartilage tissue is not as vascular as muscle. While working muscle may alleviate some pain and working soft tissue with massage may correct the more minor sprains, major ones require the joint to be adjusted.

To those dispensing advice please consider this plea:
Before recommending to everyone in this forum that all they need is try an exercise, please know all the facts of their case, especially the type of trauma origin and the diagnosis and physiologic ramifications involved in the injury. They may need serious intervention exercise won't cure.

To those suffering an injury or the long lasting effects of trauma:
Please consult a 1. chiropractor if you think you have a sprained joint
2. consult an LMT or PT if you think a strained muscle
3. an MD if you think an advanced dislocation or major tear.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Oziem

joed
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
...To those dispensing advice please consider this plea:
Before recommending to everyone in this forum that all they need is...please know all the facts of their case...Dr. Oziem

Hey, um, Doctor, after reading a couple of your posts here I think you should take your own advice.

For example, you said, in regard to a hernia question:
do lots of step work.
do not consider surgery until absolutely needed and if needed go only to Scholdeiss in Toronto area to do it.

Dr. o

BradleyS
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
he's talking about sprains...not hernia. goofy advice though, would have to see the entire thread I guess

with that being said, I have never had a joint injury (minus the you know..multiple shoulder dislocations)

oziem
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, um, Doctor, after reading a couple of your posts here I think you should take your own advice.

For example, you said, in regard to a hernia question:
do lots of step work.
do not consider surgery until absolutely needed and if needed go only to Scholdeiss in Toronto area to do it.

Dr. o

Hernias do not just happen. There is connective tissue related to bony structure that pulls and often tears. Inguinal hernias and umbilical hernias are predicated by pelvic and skeletal misalignments. I can understand why that may not be readily associated by you. Most people including some physicians do not. I take your comment respectfully and in accordance with your position and understanding. I hope this is received well by you.

oziem
04-11-2007, 11:58 AM
he's talking about sprains...not hernia. goofy advice though, would have to see the entire thread I guess

with that being said, I have never had a joint injury (minus the you know..multiple shoulder dislocations)

If you have actually have an inguinal hernia yes a pelvic adjustment and stair work may correct it. If it needs surgery the guys in Canada do the best work.