PDA

View Full Version : Left Hip Pain

I_Shaw_I
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Currently I'm on the 5x5 program and this is the 6th week. On the 5th week i decided to do some light cardio, 1/2 hour jogging no problem. Day 3, I decide to do some more cardio, same VERY light jog, this time for an hour. The next day I noticed a pain in my left hip. I continued my workouts, and now a week later I notice that there's a sharp pain in my left hip when i put weight on it... :(

dexterium
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Don't use your hip. Ice it. What other exercises may have attributed to the pain?

Lots of rest man.

oziem
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
hip or pelvis?

I_Shaw_I
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
hip or pelvis?

not too sure, but like right in the middle or below of wear my love handles would be

pencilthin
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Could be a piriformis injury. My girlfriend has had problems with that muscle from running. lots of stretching and inteligent training seems to allieviate the problem. It took about 6-8months though, be patient if that's what it is. Check out the link....

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/piri.html

fireman4000
04-16-2007, 07:21 PM
same thing but mine is in the right hip. I find that it will flare up for no reason, and when it does I find that even walking get it to hurt. I think that I have had it for about 5 months now. I hope that it will get better. I have started taking yoga , I will track and see if it makes it better