PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel wasteful throwing away egg yolks?

OldHabitsDieEZ
04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I throw away about a dozen yolks every 3 days or so, which i have just started thinking is really like wasting 1000 calories or so that could be going towards my dieting efforts somehow. Does anyone feel wasteful doing this?

ScottC
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't waste them. I save them, 2 yolks to a container, and my wife uses them in cooking.

Bronkko
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
my dogs love them.

baarat
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I quess people are afraid of the fat in yolks. More than likely those same people believe that eating yolks will make them fat. The main fat in yolk's are monounsaturated fats, and the poly's in the yolk are the best quality you will ever get. Eat your yolks, or at least a few of them, fit them into your macro's.

NoTimeLikeNow
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I recently went to the doctor and my mono saturates were too low, hurray for egg yolks! But if you do feel guilty throwing em away maybe just get egg beaters, it is a bit more money... So I guess it is either waste yolks or cash.

david430
04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
i throw them away cause of the cholesterol, ill still use one yolk to every 3-4 whites just for a better taste/consistency. A dozen eggs is only a 1.50 or so and egg beaters end up costing 50c or so per white, not really worth it

bleeder
04-10-2007, 03:06 PM
i throw them away cause of the cholesterol, ill still use one yolk to every 3-4 whites just for a better taste/consistency. A dozen eggs is only a 1.50 or so and egg beaters end up costing 50c or so per white, not really worth it

Don't be afraid of cholesterol... be afraid of triglycerides hardening your arteries!

Eat your eggs whole! Proteins need fats to digest them!

martina92685
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I only feel wasteful because that's half of the egg down the drain. My LDL cholesterol thanks me though. If f-ing egg substitute didn't cost so much I'd buy it!

pimpalot805
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Think of the starving children..

-TC-
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
i throw away some yolks to keep my calories lower

Eileen
04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I only feel wasteful because that's half of the egg down the drain. My LDL cholesterol thanks me though. If f-ing egg substitute didn't cost so much I'd buy it!

I was reading recently that the best way to convert LDL to HDL is to eat eggs. Yep, it seems eggs and egg yolks have been getting a bashing for nothing all these years.

For what it's worth, I eat at least 4 eggs a day, and my blood readings are perfect.

bleeder
04-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I was reading recently that the best way to convert LDL to HDL is to eat eggs. Yep, it seems eggs and egg yolks have been getting a bashing for nothing all these years.

For what it's worth, I eat at least 4 eggs a day, and my blood readings are perfect.

I eat at least a dozen whole eggs a day. lol I'm in perfect health... All the blood reading are GREAT!