PDA

View Full Version : Knee pains

nikeair91
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I have been having knee pains for a while now, the doctor said that it was just growing pains, but i doubt that's what it is, the pains are all around the outside of my kneecap, they come and go, but lately they've been really bothering me. It doesn't seem to hurt when I do leg press, but it really affects my squatting, this past friday i couldn't reach parallel doing 185.

dexterium
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Try some TKE Joint boost and fish oil to lubricate your knee joint.

dropshot001
04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
i've been taking fish and flax seed oil for a while and it has helped with my knee problem. i don't know if it is one of them individually or if it is the combo, but either way it worked.

JRT6
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Have someone check your form to make sure your feet aren't traveling past your toes when you squat. If they are, and you fix that problem, your knee pain will go away.

will890
04-09-2007, 09:23 PM
i slept with my knee hyper extended off the bed all night and i had problems squatting for about three months. i took a supplement called glucosamine chondroitin and it helped in a little under 2 weeks.

euphoria1
04-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Perhaps you have anterior pelvic tilt which causes you to buckle your knees inward slightly. Correct posture by focusing on exercises that build your hams, and glute rather that building quads so much. Yes asg work your hams and glutes, but not adequetely in contrast to your quads. focus on stretching as well, hams, quads, it band, glutes which should help the alignment.

stay away from leg extensions if you have been doing them with high weight.