PDA

View Full Version : anterior pelvic tilt

absolutelove
04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
hello...i have a slight anterior pelvic tilt...so i have been doing all the suggested things to correct the problem, stretching hip flexors and lower back...and attempting to strengthen the glutes, hams, and core. my question is..should i be stretching my hams and glutes and stuff too? or should i leave them alone since the muscles are lengthened (hence the anterior pelvic tilt). Also...i have been feeling sore in my lower back...is this a bad thing or does this come with the stretches which i am doing to correct the problem?

rockhuddy
04-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Nnnno. Your hammies/glutes/low back are already stretched out too much. Just focus on getting them stronger. And if you're working to strengthen your lower back why wouldn't it be sore?

absolutelove
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Actually i am not trying to strenghten the lower back...just stretch it....because it is tight which contributes to the anterior pelvic tilt..so thats why i wonder why its sore...because i avoid lower back strengthening excercises.

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
because i avoid lower back strengthening excercises.
What?? Why? You do realize that's probably why you have problems, right?

euphoria1
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't listen to someone with a avatar like that.

Too much static stretches will reduce strength in the hamstring, however, preform some after the exercises or if you feel tension in the muscle group after working them out. Particularly after you just work them out with deadlifts, good mornings, bridges isolation exercises. Strengthen back and abs too, which you will do with deadlifts, just don't do isolation exercises.

Stretches to do: Warrior lunge stretch, it band, good morning stretch. Some ham stretches but not excessive

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 10:23 AM

Too much static stretches will reduce strength in the hamstring, however, preform some after the exercises or if you feel tension in the muscle group after working them out. Particularly after you just work them out with deadlifts, good mornings, bridges isolation exercises. Strengthen back and abs too, which you will do with deadlifts, just don't do isolation exercises.

Stretches to do: Warrior lunge stretch, it band, good morning stretch. Some ham stretches but not excessive
Lol.

Why would he want to stretch his hamstrings at all? He's in anterior tilt, those muscles are already weak and lengthened. No reason to stretch a muscle that doesn't need it, and certainly none to stretch one that's already too far stretched out.

EoR
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Lol.

Why would he want to stretch his hamstrings at all? He's in anterior tilt, those muscles are already weak and lengthened. No reason to stretch a muscle that doesn't need it, and certainly none to stretch one that's already too far stretched out.

When can we expect the sequel to your avatar...? ...the glute shot. [no homo]

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
When can we expect the sequel to your avatar...? ...the glute shot. [no homo]
Maybe next week, if you play your cards right. (no homo)

euphoria1
04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
To loosen them up after the exercise as they are most likely so weak now, his muscles will tense up too much after exercise especially in the beginning (that is if he hitting them hard enough..which people in his situation need to do). Some people have had problems straighten their legs completely because of the tension created after the initial exercises.

the other stretches I mention was to help directly with his pelvic tilt and lower back pain

Baker19
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Hypocrite.

EoR
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Maybe next week, if you play your cards right. (no homo)

rofl!

I am still laughing at this post. lol.

euphoria1
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Hypocrite.

because I use an avatar showing my labia outline?

Baker19
04-10-2007, 10:37 AM

no but you look like your going to kill someone, not exactly the look I want to be taking advice from..

Hes avi is within the rules and hes a great member and just because his avatar is funny people shouldnt take advice from him :rolleyes:

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 10:38 AM
You do? Why isn't it up then? Surely no one complained.

EoR
04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Rockhuddy is just wearing his Mr.O trunks. Give the guy a break. :D

IRONMANN1
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM

wow you seem intelligent
:rolleyes:

Dont come in here attempting to give advice while attacking others.

MassIsAhead
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM

So what's wrong with his avatar?

IRONMANN1
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
So what's wrong with his avatar?

shut up :mad:

EoR
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I've just decided that this thread has serious potential.

MassIsAhead
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
You're right. Who am I, mortal fool, to speak here.
Euphoria's boyfriend can do 10 000 chin-ups in 30 minutes anyways, so she must know her stuff.

IRONMANN1
04-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I've just decided that this thread has serious potential.

Oh snap! EoR's approval has been branded to this thread :eek:

Euphoria's boyfriend can do 10 000 chin-ups in 30 minutes anyways, so she must know her stuff.

:D

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
5 stars? Anyone? Anyone?

Baker19
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
5 stars? Anyone? Anyone?

5 star av.. thread would fap to again.

Screamin
04-10-2007, 11:39 AM
5 star av.. thread would fap to again.
After I cleaned up, I was disgusted.

SDFlip
04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
imagine if i lost that bet rock.... haha.

you guys would have seen me in a glute spread pose wearing a jock strap.

kennny d
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Lol.

anterior pelvic tilt means his hamstrings, lower back, and hips are tight and he has a weak core causing the muscular imbalance... he's doing the right thing by strenghtening his core and losening up his hams/hips

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
imagine if i lost that bet rock.... haha.

you guys would have seen me in a glute spread pose wearing a jock strap.
Lol. I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed people out there.

SDFlip
04-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Lol. I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed people out there.
i bet Euphoria is one of them.

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 12:04 PM
i bet Euphoria is one of them.
No way, she loves me.

EoR
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/195/rhrg5.jpg

rockhuddy
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/195/rhrg5.jpg
:eek:

lol

Fitnessandnrg
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Nnnno. Your hammies/glutes/low back are already stretched out too much. Just focus on getting them stronger. And if you're working to strengthen your lower back why wouldn't it be sore?

The reason you have a ant pelvic tilt is as follows: Hamstrings are already long and weak - require shortened and strengthened. Hip flexors are short and strong - require stretching. Abbs long and weak - require strengthened and shortened.
Make sure you have a therapist check you out, the reason your hip flexors may be tight could because of instability somewhere else i.e. glutes, TFL etc.
check out my site http://www.fitnessandnrg.com/ for further details

kennny d
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
The reason you have a ant pelvic tilt is as follows: Hamstrings are already long and weak - require shortened and strengthened. Hip flexors are short and strong - require stretching. Abbs long and weak - require strengthened and shortened.
Make sure you have a therapist check you out, the reason your hip flexors may be tight could because of instability somewhere else i.e. glutes, TFL etc.
check out my site http://www.fitnessandnrg.com/ for further details
how exactly would you shorten the hamstrings and abs?

oziem
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
anterior pelvic tilt means his hamstrings, lower back, and hips are tight and he has a weak core causing the muscular imbalance... he's doing the right thing by strenghtening his core and losening up his hams/hips

true but there is a cause to that as well that needs be corrected

oziem
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
have these questions been asked?
race? gender, height, weight? all these affect pelvis angle.
Is there a spondylo or facet fracture of L5?
Has the pelvis been sprained or a leg broken or is there bad orthotic useage in the case?

Muscles are involved but are generally the EFFECT not the CAUSE.

absolutelove
04-11-2007, 12:03 AM
i am the original poster. i am a female and weigh 130 pounds. i believe that i acquired the anterior pelvic tilt from heavy squats and deadlifts with improper form. i have stopped doing the heavy lifts and i know do a program that was written in an article in testosterone nation. its a four day workout program that helps to rectify the problem without loosing strength. i also stretch twice a day...i stretch my lower back, hip flexors, and quads. i dont stretch hams because supposedly the hams are already lengthened with the anterior pelvic tilt...so i would just be working against myself.

somedude20
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
COuld you guys make up your mind about stretching its really confusing.