PDA

View Full Version : My knees hurt

Nicki C
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I have been doing ripptoe's noobie plan for a little over a month. I did injury my knee a long time ago as a kid and have taken a lot of time into deciding weather or not to do the ATG squats or 90 degree squats and I have decided that my two year old probably has it and I am doing the squats with my feet a little less than shoulder width, with my toes slightly out and going as far to the ground as I can go. I'm eating a 40-30 -30 diet and I am trying to loose fat and become stronger. 2000 calories a day.
My squats are at 145 right now. My knee aches today. I'm not sure if the pain is nothing to worry about. The same kind of ach as when your mussels ach from working out or if I need to take a supplement, do something different.

Your help and advise would be much appreciated
~N

Random Guy
04-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Are you bouncing at the bottom of your squat? aka using your knees as brakes?

Nicki C
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
nope. making sure to keep a slow and controlled squat. My husband who is squating the same is having zero problems with his knees?

Random Guy
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Posting a video would help incredibly.

oziem
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Knowing your injury history and the current knee condition would help too

Nicki C
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I was ten years old and I fell forward off my bike onto a car winshield. I split the knee open, lots of stitches. The doctor told me many years ago I destroyed the cartailage in my knee and that one day my knee would lock and I would need knee surgury. That was 21 years ago, and I have to beleive that he was mistaken. My knee has always been a bit of a bother. I notice it most when running up stairs at home. Sometimes If I sit a long time it would ach a little.

There's the history. I will look into trying to making a squat video.

dexterium
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Ice your knees after exercise to keep down inflammation.

If there is a problem with cartilage, ligaments or surrounding tendons, I would highly suggest USPlabs Super Cissus RX. This has helped many with their joint problems. Furthermore, definitely supplement with fish oil and a glucosamine product (TKE Joint boost = excellent choice); this will help to lubricate your joints.

Dex