PDA

View Full Version : neck pain, during squats !?!

skywalka
04-09-2007, 06:58 AM
after a few reps/sets into my squats, i start to get REALY PAINFUL, at the upper neck, the place where ur neck connects to your head.
its not wear i put the bar, the bar is on my shoulders/lower neck.
It hurts so bad, i have difficulty doing other excersise, but is fine after days rest. but sometimes i can feel the strain.

anyone know what i am doing wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got this problem with my leg/butt
i dont know how to explain it
it not really painful, but its really irritating

http://www.fpnotebook.com/ThighAnatomyMusclePosterior.gif
i think its the adductor magnus muscle
its somewhere in the glutes and comes out where the adductor magnus muscle is

it irritates me randomly(eg. when im jsut sitting there) and sometimes it feels fine
i feel the need to stretch it..(is it cramping, strain?)but after i stretch it, it makes not difference

its been like this for more than half a year.. i was hoping it go away

anyone felt this? do you know whats happening?
what should i do?

Screamin
04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
*insert obligatory warning about me not being a doctor*

Your neck pain: how's your head angle when you squat? I've heard people complain about a similar pain and they often "look up" when they squat which can irritate your upper vertebrae.

Leg pain: link's broken, but it sounds like a trip to your chiro might be in order. Your description sounds like nerve pain, but you need a trip to your doc to tell you that for sure and (likely) a trip to your chiro for a little lower back adjustment

BradleyS
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
after a few reps/sets into my squats, i start to get REALY PAINFUL, at the upper neck, the place where ur neck connects to your head.
its not wear i put the bar, the bar is on my shoulders/lower neck.
It hurts so bad, i have difficulty doing other excersise, but is fine after days rest. but sometimes i can feel the strain.

anyone know what i am doing wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got this problem with my leg/butt
i dont know how to explain it
it not really painful, but its really irritating

http://www.fpnotebook.com/ThighAnato...ePosterior.gif
i think its the adductor magnus muscle
its somewhere in the glutes and comes out where the adductor magnus muscle is

it irritates me randomly(eg. when im jsut sitting there) and sometimes it feels fine
i feel the need to stretch it..(is it cramping, strain?)but after i stretch it, it makes not difference

its been like this for more than half a year.. i was hoping it go away

anyone felt this? do you know whats happening?
what should i do?

Do you look around when you squat?

For the adductor...have you given it plenty of time to rest before hitting it hard? by plenty of time, I mean weeks. how does it irritate you? link is broken

skywalka
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Do you look around when you squat?

For the adductor...have you given it plenty of time to rest before hitting it hard? by plenty of time, I mean weeks. how does it irritate you? link is broken

yeh its probably cause i look up, when i squat.. ill try again today

i gave weeks of rest, the time when i was studyin for my final exams last year, didnt do any excersise at all.
it feels like tiny strain/cramp on that paticular place/strip of muscle. its random, like RIGHT NOW
i feel the need to stretch it, or jab it with my fist, but it doesnt help

what do you guys mean by links broken?
btw whats the difference between a chiro and a physio?
my dad wanted to take me to a physio

i did some research, i think it could be leg paresthesia
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/leg_paresthesia.htm
but i dont get teh pins and needles, prickling...maybe burning(not sure exaclty how that feels)
BUT i maybe wrong..it may very well be "link's broken"

euphoria1
04-10-2007, 03:40 AM
umm, fix upper back posture. Exercises to fix winged scapula such as described in the other thread I made a comment in. scap pushups, pullups, facepulls, rows. build traps. Most likely your neck is out of alignment due to this, and it has because rigidly straight not allowing the proper range of movement. So when fixing upper back with exercises, work on the neck by doing moving it back and forth, side to side, left to right. Stretching it. And finally chin tucks to build the supporting musculatures

I will probably make a huge thread about common problems, causations, and solutions.

skywalka
04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
umm, fix upper back posture. Exercises to fix winged scapula such as described in the other thread I made a comment in. scap pushups, pullups, facepulls, rows. build traps. Most likely your neck is out of alignment due to this, and it has because rigidly straight not allowing the proper range of movement. So when fixing upper back with exercises, work on the neck by doing moving it back and forth, side to side, left to right. Stretching it. And finally chin tucks to build the supporting musculatures

I will probably make a huge thread about common problems, causations, and solutions.

thanx! i did some research on squating posture, and improved a bit. was able to do 4 sets no problem, but on the 5 and 6 set, neck pain started to come back.
ill try ur excercises, but i dunno what a facepull is, scap pushup...

now i still gota fix the leg,
i realised it does affect me when im training my legs, after feeling exhausted from work out i dont feel it.