PDA

View Full Version : carpal tunnel

MUSCULARMAYOR
04-09-2007, 06:48 AM
has any one ever had carpal tunnel, and if so did it affect training for a long time? I think I hurt it doing one rep training for bench, ever since then it's been hurting. Any one know of anything that helps?

PhoenixBuff
04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Nope, it only affects me when I am sleeping - I wake up with my hand numb. I've had it for so long, I'm now used to it.

Flex500
04-09-2007, 09:33 AM
has any one ever had carpal tunnel, and if so did it affect training for a long time?
one thing you could do is get a c*ck up wrist splint and wear them at night. That tends to help a lot of people.

and yes that is what they are really called. If you see a doc you can often get a prescription and insurance will pay for them or at least most of them.

oziem
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
95% C6 sprain causing radicular pain
5% lunate displacement in the carpal tunnel
the splint does work for rehab in extreme cases

Never had to have a patient use it. They all got fixed with chiro adjustments.

Guesty84
07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I've just undergone carpal tunnel decompression in my right hand and I'm getting the left one done early August. Haven't trained since January so fairly depressed with the rack and ruin my body has fallen into!

The splints did help for a while but I had Cortisone injections into both wrists and that really messed me up. If your case isn't too severe the splints worn at night may help you out.

Fresch
07-20-2007, 05:50 PM
has any one ever had carpal tunnel, and if so did it affect training for a long time? I think I hurt it doing one rep training for bench, ever since then it's been hurting. Any one know of anything that helps?

You think you hurt it? You don't usually "hurt" your carpal tunnel.

What exactly is the problem?

We gave up using splints for carpal tunnel about 15 years ago here.... if that is the proposed treatment, it is a bit old fashioned.

Treatment of spinal joints, soft tissue and neurodynamics works quite well.

Cortisone does often work, surgery is the last resort.