PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks!?

ALPoE
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
what up everyone, ive been workin out for about 6 months now and i got alot of dark purple stretch marks in the corner of my arm and chest right above my armpits...can anyone help me out with how to avoid more and get rid of the ones i have?

Flex500
04-09-2007, 05:30 AM
nope, that's just the way it goes. You get bigger, you're gonna get stretch marks. About the only thing you can do is lose some muscle/weight and shrink down.

*Mr.$andhu*
04-09-2007, 05:39 AM
what up everyone, ive been workin out for about 6 months now and i got alot of dark purple stretch marks in the corner of my arm and chest right above my armpits...can anyone help me out with how to avoid more and get rid of the ones i have?

I have the exact same, in the exact same place lol...I heard theres creams and stuff that work real well. I'm going to ask my doctor.

exnihillo
04-09-2007, 05:43 AM
I do not know how to get rid of them but for me cocoa butter softened out the ones I have and prevented any new ones...

BK_Fighter
04-09-2007, 05:50 AM
well I heard keep your skin moisturized will make it easier to stretch without getting the stretch marks

AxlTurwalt
04-09-2007, 06:03 AM

I got same problem. I have managed to slow the increase in size of the stretch marks through a number of procedures. Don't get discouraged by them. You look like a big guy and I really doubt anyone is going to put you down for it. Many know that I have stretch marks and no-one has ever said anything to me about it. They just accept it. On that note also, almost every bodybuilder will get stretch marks. Just at differing intensities and volume. So without further stalling, here are the methods I have found to work.

1) Moisturising lotion (especially cocoa butter) is a good way of sticking Vitamin E into the skin and increasing fibre elasticity
2) Gradually increase weights and do low reps (anything below 15). This will prevent your skin from being over shocked, as I call it.
3) Don't stop exercising. If you stop for a few weeks, next time you work out they will increase in size dramatically. Exercise atleast 3 times a week to allow your skin to get acustomed to the stretching motion of the skin.
4) Minimise massive weight gains/losses.
5) If they get itchy DONT SCRATCH! You'll just tear the fibres further. Use a gentle rubbing motion.
6) Don't massage the spot hard. Be gentle when massaging.
7) Increase your Vitamin E, Zinc and Magnesium intake. Helps elasticity.
8) Take protein supplements. Some of the protein will be used to regenerate torn fibres and decrease the colour intensity of the stretch mark.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I've had them for 5 years, so I know what I am on about :)

IRONMANN1
04-09-2007, 06:08 AM
They are a part of the sport bruh. I have em in my armpits and all down my theighs/quads.

Wear em' with pride :)

One of my bud's is covered in them, literally covered.

seancraig
04-09-2007, 06:38 AM
yeah u cant do anything, wear them with pride.

i've tryed everything from coco oil to vitamin E to donkey ****, it will make NO difference.

IRONMANN1
04-09-2007, 06:43 AM
A nice dark tan should take care of them for the most part.

Oh_Riginal
04-09-2007, 06:55 AM
They are a part of the sport bruh. I have em in my armpits and all down my theighs/quads.

Wear em' with pride :)

One of my bud's is covered in them, literally covered.

Ain't that the truth.

I have them all over my back and on my front delt area. Sometimes I think, "Damn, I look like a burn victim or something."

Jason12345
04-09-2007, 02:58 PM
they will fade over time, and when you get bigger you wont really care about that cause every big person has them, there inevitable.

I just learned to live with mine cause you really can't notice it.

dropshot001
04-09-2007, 07:50 PM
the stretch marks will go away a little bit over time. just keep the weights controlled on the way down so the stretch isn't super heavy all at once.

Mycophage
04-10-2007, 06:11 AM
the only way to prevent them is to grow SLOW, so your skin can keep up with your muscles. also, avoid any glucocorticoids (anti inflammatory drugs doc overprescribe, like hydrocortisone, cortisol, ect), as they damage skin elasticity.

it makes sense to keep the skin supple and moisturized with coco butter, although i haven't found any hard data to show it makes a difference.

also, there's a (rather expensive) scar cream called Mederma. I got it prescribed by my dermatologist to help get rid of a huge surgical scar i have. i didn't notice any change though, but for some people it gives good results.

EoR
04-10-2007, 08:08 AM
The severity of stretch marks and their look is genetic. You can help reduce them with lotions but in the end, if you are growing fast there isn't much you can do.

They will eventually fade out, but for some they will remain a strong red/purple.

YoMaMa84
04-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Man, i'm covered with them cuz i grow so damn fast. My back, chest and arms are full of them.....i would really like to get rid of them.....but alot of people say creme and ointments dont work.....

Im go to a dermatologist though....to see what can be done.

Kate~
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
The severity of stretch marks and their look is genetic. You can help reduce them with lotions but in the end, if you are growing fast there isn't much you can do.

They will eventually fade out, but for some they will remain a strong red/purple.

this is true..when I was pregnant..my doctor said you are either genetically prone to stretch marks or not...luckily my mom didn't get them nor I ...there is nothing you can do about it.

joeytgstk
04-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Ya I got them really bad between my bicep and forearm where the elbow bends and ppl always ask me what it is. I haven't used cocoa butter in a while it kinda works though

Chris R.
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Im go to a dermatologist though....to see what can be done.Best advice so far.

joec2k6
04-12-2007, 06:46 AM
mine (strech Marks) are red and they dont seem to be getting lighter in color. I normally go tanning to help it blend in. Ive had them for a year or more now...

lowandslow
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I've had some on my sides for a few years now. Some days they are very dark red/purple and some days they are almost not there at all... Can anyone offer reasoning to this?

QoorbaL
04-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Diffferent things work for different skin color.

Id reccomend PURE SHEA BUTTER or PURE COCOA BUTTER.

I mainly use Palmers Cocoa butter,as pure cocoa and shea butter is hard to find,it works on those new stretch marks.After i lift, the next morning i look at my body and find the red marks and rub them with the butter after showering.It gets rid of those because i caught them early,and because i make sure i apply after i shower in the morning,my present marks are kind of strating to fade but not much.Maybe with time theyll fade if i keep applying.Just keep your skin moisturized.

laracroft
04-13-2007, 01:32 PM
There is something sold in the UK called Bio Oil, it's excellent for stretch marks, not sure if you can get in the USA.

fleshmachine
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
STRETCH MARKS:

1st step: See a Dermatologist, treat your symptoms and prevent further damage.

2nd step: Take a visit to an Endocrinologist. Get a complete blood workup, as stretch marks can be indicitave of an Adrenal Gland issue. Also is linked to elevated levels of Cortisol.

Cocoa butter is a popular home remedy and you should start that in the meantime, but if you do not want stretch marks then take some action.

I have them bad on the armpit and love handle areas. Luckily I've stopped them.

All the best!

.Smithers
04-29-2007, 08:14 AM
just keep stretching your shoulders in between sets bro. if your getting that big that fast your going to lose some mobility if you dont stretch. as for the stretch MARKS its a good thing man, your getting...bigger haha.

SGMD1
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
It is even more important for darker skinned people to use preventative measures for stretch marks, because
a.) when they do eventually fade, they still fade to white no matter what your skin color is, and
b.) generally speaking, the surgical treatment options are only suitable for lighter skinned people.

I am Indian and I noticed my first stretch marks from lifting around my freshman year of college, in the outer armpit region. They have faded to a shade lighter than my normal skin color. I've experimented with topical creams, but I've found that the best thing to do is to treat the issue internally...meaning you should make sure (as mentioned above) your Vitamin E, Zinc, and Magnesium levels are high enough.

pphilly51
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
well I heard keep your skin moisturized will make it easier to stretch without getting the stretch marks

Okay first off stretch marks are not what many of you think they are. Stretch marks are not a result of your skin stretching from working out and getting bigger. They actually are from hormones, and tend to peak up where hormone levels are higher. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striae

that should make it easier to understand

And yah maybe there is some moisturizer that will help with the stretch marks but nothing will take them completely off your skin.

EmeseBalogh
11-17-2016, 11:37 PM
I got dermalmd stretch mark cream for my daughter who is starting to develop stretch marks from growing. It's working great and the redness is fading.

bry2times
11-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Like most people said its genetic and if you're growing quickly then you're prone to getting stretchmarks

Powerxzd
05-31-2017, 08:07 PM

strech marks under armpit are caused my doing lot of push ups so cut back on push up let your skin "heal"