PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have scoliosis and degeneration in the spine?

Compoundlift83
04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I just found out I have this and cut out squats and deads and have started back on heavy leg pressing. Anyonere here have the same condition?

Compoundlift83
04-08-2007, 09:40 PM
bump i meant to say i started back up leg pressing

gibran
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I knew a girl who had scoliosis. She eventually went to get surgery on it and have her spine straightened because it affected her so much. She would have to lean to one side slightly while walking. Id talk to a doctor before you step back into it to be sure...

HALON
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I had scoliosis. Its almost gone now I think. Mine wasnt that bad but things that helped me the most included pilates, not studying for a while, while using both hands hanging from a bar, this really staights the spine. Scoliosis is caused by a muscular imbalance of the muscles on both sides of the spine. When doing any exercise make sure you workout both sides equally. Check out also a chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist and osteopatrh.

ShortMonster
04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I had it also, I remember the last time I check for it was in 6th grade when I was 11ish, not sure about now. It went away or got better, actually im not sure what happened, but it happened when I started doing deadlifts, and truthfully I grew an inch taller, to bad it didnt make much of a diffrence lol

Scandalousmrt
04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
When you talk about "degeneration of the spine" are you refering to the discs or vertebrae?

oziem
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
When you talk about "degeneration of the spine" are you refering to the discs or vertebrae?

excellent question!