PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a slightly modified workout

Skwidward
04-08-2007, 06:31 AM
I've been doing shoulder rehab for pretty much one year now, and I have made some good progression. I've taken things really slow, and it seems to have worked. I've also seen some good gains. I guess the higher reps really do work.

This what my rehab has progressed to (including RC work)

Day 1
Side laterals 3x15
Front raises 3x15
Dips 3x15
Incline Db press 3x15
Skull crushers 3x12

Day 2
Side laterals 3x15
Front raises 3x15
DB rows 3x12
Shrugs 3x15
Lat pull down 3x12

Day 3
Front squats 3x10
Trap bar deads 5x5
SLDL 3x10

I keep everything pretty light, but it's all still taxing. As you can seen it's kinda focused around shoulder db raises, and I've totally avoided OH press. For now, I'd like to keep avoiding that exercise, just until I feel I can really put up some weight with Incline DB, then I'll introduce it again slowly. Besides, my shoulders have been growing like **** from all these raises.

I'm really busy right now, so 3 days has been good. I was thinking maybe two days...something like

Day 1
Trap bar deads
Db rows
Incline db press
Side laterals
Skulls

Day 2
SLDL's
Dips
Lat pull down (chin ups once I feel comfortable with more weight)
Front raises
Shrugs

Or maybe 3 or 4 days/week with more frequency. I really don't know what I should do. I know I'd like to keep reps in the 10-15 range, except trap bar deads. Whatever I do, it's gonna be an ease into it see how I handle it type thing. I workout at home, and only have a make shift Incline bench. I use trap bar deads for quads mostly, and the lat pull down at my apartment's ****ty "gym."

My goals really are to just become bigger and stronger. I'm still undecided whether now is the right time to start a new "proper" program, but any advice would be appreciated.

Noviomagus
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
serge nubret always did higher reps.
12 up to 20.
he said that he didn't feel the muslce working when doing low reps.that everybody can do low reps that that is much easier to train han high reps.(I think that it differs from person to person)
and that when he worked out with ferrigno ,ferrigno couldn't keep up the tempo got quickly exhausted.louie was used to heavier weights for lower reps.
what's wrong with what you're donig now?
keep on doing what works for you.
these days it is fashion to go low reps and be 'strong'and as big as possible.
why not build some capilares in your muscles and go for musclemass AND heart-health.
low reps with heavy weights are no so good for the joints.that's for sure.

but everyone should make that out for themselves.
I see too many times people go with the low reps.cause"those are for mass".
yeah ,but those massmonster are as ugly as hell too.
stick too the high reps man.it makes you look better.