PDA

View Full Version : Hemmoroids?

LiftsHeavy31
04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I've been having severe problems with hemmoroids as of late and just general irritation in the anal area lately. A doctor who works out at my gym told me it is very possible this could be from heavy squatting and I may have torn some tissue back there. I do notice I do have more problems back there after leg day.
Is there a better solution than all these Preparation H products I keep buying? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

oziem
04-08-2007, 07:08 AM
In my office we have corrected dozens of hemmorhoidal inflammatory problems.
They are caused when people overexert a lift from flexion to extension with improper stablity (such bad DL's with a rounded low back). The L4 nerve gets swollen; its nerve endings are in the hemmorhoidal plexus. People often will experience some bladder/urine irregularity concurrently with the swollen "butt."
The L4 bone ought to feel a little tender if you touch it yourself.
If you could apply some cold to the L4 (it's the vertebra between the tops of your pelvis bones/ilia) that may help lessen the swelling. The bone really needs just a little pressure from back to front to slide into place. Usually the hemmorhoids are gone within minutes of an L4 adjustment.
A good post-adjustment stretch is involved with extending your core forward much like a dog or cat does when first rising from a nap. You know the one the yoga folks are famous for.

Rarely there is a coccyx injury involved which should be detected if there is no disc problem.

Hope this info helps. Not a prescription just some friendly advice coming from experience.

Dr. O

goddessamazon
04-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I strongly disagree with your gym doctor saying that hemmoroids is a result of squating. I do agree that certain exercise such as squating will irriate your hemmoroids but normally they are caused by straining during bowel movements or giving birth.

Since you are a guy I think it's the straining. ;)

A person with a healthy colon should have 2 - 3 bowel movements a day. You should also have them easily and effortlessly meaning you release waste without straining.

People who have to strain during their BM or sit on the "throne" for several minutes before anything happens have poor fiber in their diet.

When you get rid of the hemmoroids be sure to ad flaxseed or flax oil to your shakes. Maybe take a natural laxative like Casara Sagrada or drink prune juice to help you out.

Trust me on this one. Your hemmoroids will be thing of the best.

Good luck to you!

rockhuddy
04-09-2007, 12:02 AM
There is a chance that this will give you some good ideas. Otherwise, it's just a funny read. :D

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=51858&tid=124