PDA

View Full Version : Hip Flexorkeeps "popping"

rogan181
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
whenever i do some sort of leg raises or situps i can feel my hip flexor pop out and i'm worried this happened due to my squatting...

it doesnt hurt but i can hear it pop and its only in one leg, i stretch my legs thoroughly at least once every day but it still reamins it has been abotu one week since it started

any suggestions on what to do? If this proceeds i might have to make an appointment with my odctor even though nothing serious happened so far

VtecTypeR
04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I get the same pop and cracking noises too. But I have no idea why it happens

oziem
04-08-2007, 08:18 AM
I think (and I could be wrong here) that
1. stretching the quads and psoas and other flexors and
2. assistance work on upper hams, glutes and piriformis may help.

The Westside guys/DeFranco as well as the Egoscioue PT's have some good ideas on this.
If there is a really rigorous deep massage therapist who could work the hip that may be effective, but I have found few who work that area in that way.
Dr. O

oziem
04-08-2007, 08:24 AM
From a strictly chiro perspective:
If there is an inbalance in the pelvis, there may be an imbalance of the femur heads under heavy loads of squats.
Gonstead docs are trained in proper pelvis adjustments. The legs respond immediately when there is a correction.

This works if the pelvis is the problem and not merely a muscle imbalance...

Try the stretch/assistance work under the guidance of a trainer if in a couple weeks you have no relief, you may wish to see a LMT or chiro.

Friendly unsolicited advice.

Dr. O

rogan181
04-10-2007, 05:13 PM
thanks everyone, yeah i have a school trainer i shoudl go see but i jsut havnt really had the time or rememebred to go see him abtou it...ive maintained doing cleans and it hasnt gotten any worse so i thik im goign to start squatting again and go and see the trainer see what he has to say

Fresch
05-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Tight hip flexors can often *pop* as they flick over the bursa (padding) on the front of the hip joint. Stretching can help here, often not done properly.

If it is one leg only, a pelvic imbalance can cause one psoas muscle to be stretched tighter causing this on one side only. Re-aligning the pelvis does fix this.

tennisrox24
05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
It sounds to me like you have what is referred to internal snapping hip syndrome affecting your illiopsoas muscle.

Check out this link: http://www.emedicine.com/sports/topic123.htm