PDA

View Full Version : hamstring strain (need to learn how to rehab it)

Green_day
04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
hey guys
in Jan.. i was deadlifting and on the last rep, when i was lowering the bar (in control) after i past my knee level. I just dropped it. and i got some pain in my hamstring/back of the knee. I saw a doctor and they said i had a strain knee. all the test that i did in the hosptial, they're all normal. its not bad enough that i haven't missed a training day.. I still training quads and hams but i have noticed that i do get a pain with hamstring training.. I walk with a lamp and i can't really walk with out pain killers.. do i need to back off of training my legs until it gets better?? or should i train throught the pain?? when i got my knee chected the doctor gave me a knee brace where the knee can't move and is braced in on spot.. i was told that the brace is a bad idea to use b/c the knee is going to learn that something is doing all the work for it and not heal the strain.. should i be using the brace or not??

Thanks guys

Tyrbolift
04-07-2007, 03:56 PM
hey guys
in Jan.. i was deadlifting and on the last rep, when i was lowering the bar (in control) after i past my knee level. I just dropped it. and i got some pain in my hamstring/back of the knee. I saw a doctor and they said i had a strain knee. all the test that i did in the hosptial, they're all normal. its not bad enough that i haven't missed a training day.. I still training quads and hams but i have noticed that i do get a pain with hamstring training.. I walk with a lamp and i can't really walk with out pain killers.. do i need to back off of training my legs until it gets better?? or should i train throught the pain?? when i got my knee chected the doctor gave me a knee brace where the knee can't move and is braced in on spot.. i was told that the brace is a bad idea to use b/c the knee is going to learn that something is doing all the work for it and not heal the strain.. should i be using the brace or not??

Thanks guysThe brace will make it feel better and help it heal. It won't "forget" what it's for.

Make sure you get your fatty acid supplement pill form. It is VERY helpful and was the biggest factor in my hamstring ligament pull I had a few years ago.

Don't do legs for a few weeks if it hurts at all...just don't.

Green_day
04-07-2007, 04:13 PM
thx a lot ty

after the strain. i did start to take in some joint support and i was already taking some fish oil 2x a day.

Dunkarooos
04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I suggest you stop working out your legs and remember R.I.C.E.(track term) Rest, Ice, Compress and elevate. I too pulled my hamstring,which, required surgery and my PT recommended those 4 things in addition to strength training(which was mainly stretching and lunges)