PDA

View Full Version : Tendon Sorness

737insp
04-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey eveybody!..I've been having some soreness issues with my tendons on my left elbow area. Of course this is only after bicep routine. I tried the Glucosamine/chlodtrin(sp). and seems to help the joints but no tedon help. Any suggestions? thanx!

Horseradish
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Let it rest for a few weeks.

19908ice
04-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I have been struggling with tendonitis for years. I have had injections, ulta sound, cluster laser, electric stimulation, and everything else not used in the spanish inquistion. I finally went to a sport rehab and had me start doing more work on forearms which I have done faithfully with great results. Pain is still there but recovery is much quicker. Also wasnt aware how some improper form on biceps runs into the shoulder area. I was told I also had a rotator cuff inflamation. The exercise recommended by the sport therapist consists of holding about a 10-20 dumbell as if you are going to do a hammer curl and life it straight up at somewhere between a front delt and side delt movement. Do three sets then, as he puts it, turn the can over, with thumbs facing down and do the same movement for three more sets of 10..It has helped tremendously with the rotator problems as well taking stress off tendon in my elbow. If it is chronic tendonitis then you will probably avoid those movements that irritate the tendon. You might try more hammer movements that also takes strain off the tendon while still working the biceps. this should allow time for the tendon to heal, especially if it inflamed..

dexterium
04-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey eveybody!..I've been having some soreness issues with my tendons on my left elbow area. Of course this is only after bicep routine. I tried the Glucosamine/chlodtrin(sp). and seems to help the joints but no tedon help. Any suggestions? thanx!

THE suggestion:

USPlabs Super Cissus RX: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/super.html

This has helped me and many others on here with joint problems man. Just search for it and you will see many good results and reviews. Specifically designed to help heal tendons, ligaments, cartilage, muscle etc. Try it out and let us know how it works for ya.

AdamCClark
12-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I've recovered from very bad gold elbow due to pull ups, and after everything including all above the 3 most important are:

1. Hang from a pull up bar for as long as you can tolerate several sets (see kirschshoulder.com for more on the technique. This gives immediate pain relief and longer resolution, but watch out to over strain from too much stretch hanging. I over did it the first month.

2. Goto an ActiveRelease.com therapist or one who does Graston technique (3 visits made my elbow return to full range of motion pain free) but the therapy is a little painful on your sore joints. Latter it's better.

3. Take any and all joint supplements that you can afford. I take or took at times: glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, hyauraulic acid, egg shell membrane, cissus. I figure they don't hurt. I didn't test them. I was desperate, no time to be a guinea pig.