PDA

View Full Version : Weird shoulder problem during benching.

steve638
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Okay so last july i had arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in the posterior part of my shoulder due to DB millitary presses. went through 3 months of physical therapy and the beginning of january i completed pt and surgeon said i could go back to lifting but to take it easy for a while. Started off only being able to bench 90lbs since my shoulder didnt feel 100% and i guess felt unstable at first. since then i have made solid progress working my bench up to 160lbs as of 2 weeks ago.

the past 2 weeks i have only used dumbells to bench so today i went back to BB bench and did my usual first set of 135 and felt very unstable and weak on my shoulder that was repaired. had to drop the weight down to 115 to be able to do it and even that was a challenge. Didnt notice any noticable pain just the shoulder felt weak and not strong/stable enough to lift the weight even though i was able to lift much more only 2 weeks ago. Does this sound like anything is wrong with my shoulder or something that should be expected? Would like to hope that its just my shoulder is still not 100% and still getting itself back to full stregnth or was just an off day. if it matters my other lifts are Dead: 225x5, Squat 195x5, BB row 155x5.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

getsomegetsome
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
i had the same problem with my shoulder...i had it done in may of 2006. it took about 6 months for me to get back to 100%. the best thing to do is strech really good before workouts. my bench is now way beyond where i left on at. my max was 235lbs. almost a year later it is 335lbs. i trained with db doing shrugs and rows, reverse flies, and lat pull downs. it helped a whole hell of a lot.

steve638
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
went back to the gym today benched 115 again and felt a little better. not sure why a few weeks ago i was doing 160 no problem now my shoulder feels unstable with 115. no pain tho just feels a little weird the best way i could put it. does this sound like i re-injured it?