PDA

View Full Version : Super Sore Muscles

Valleygirl
04-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I know being sore is a way to know you have worked out, but is there anything I can do to speed up recovery or even avoid being this sore! I can't even slowly lower myself in the chair! Help please!

new2lifting
04-07-2007, 12:34 PM
the more consistent you are with lifting, the less sore you will get

after working out for a few months consistenly, your soreness will go away

in the meantime, you just have to deal with it

don't stop lifting, or you will just have to repeat the process once you start back

Uriel_da_man
04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Once you get used to your workout program you probably won't get sore from it (safe from weight increases I suppose).

If it's as bad as to get in the way of your daily activites a nice massage on the sore areas during a hot bath right before bed does it for me.

fabian1984
04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Once you get used to your workout program you probably won't get sore from it (safe from weight increases I suppose).

yeah... and once that happens... then its time to change your workout routine (periodization).

BigJack
04-08-2007, 05:42 AM
If you are overly sore you may have performed more work than you were used to. If you are new to working out you have to take it slow. If you just came off of a layoff even just 2 weeks you can't expect to be where you were. You have to give you body time to adjust. Since the damage is done one of the best things you can do is stay active. Super high rep squats (25-50 reps) with body weight will get some blood into the area. You could also try active stretching. It's where you stretch out the muscle and then try to flex it and hold for about 10 secs. This used to really help me with stiff legs. Massage or hot baths help too. Good luck and keep at it.