PDA

View Full Version : Middle Back Pain

TehLegend
04-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Hey, about two to three weeks ago I was doing heavy barbell rows utilizing momentum to get more speed and strength. Shortly after the workout when I got back to my room, it seemed like the right side of my middle back was really tight or something. When I do that stretch where you lean over to one side with your opposite hand hanging over your head (Number 3: http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/~verica/personal/desk_stretches_96dpi.jpg ) I can feel it a bit and whenever I flex my abs or take a heavy breath/exhale I can really feel it. Sitting around I can still feel it, but it's not that annoying then. It's not a horrendous pain, so I doubt I tore anything or anything along those lines.

Does anyone know what I did or what I should do now? I figure I'll stop with the rows for awhile, but other than that any suggestions? I'll be visiting the trainer tomorrow and see what he says.

oziem
04-07-2007, 06:42 AM
may have strained an intercostal muscle or sprained the rib head. Detect either a swollen mass immediately next to spine (rib) or out further (muscle). Someone who knows can pop it in or rub out the muscle. See trainer, massage therapist or chiro

hope this helps

Dr. Oziem

TehLegend
04-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Can't really feel anything =\ Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for.