PDA

View Full Version : Strange Diet?

kEEnan6
04-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Hey guys

In the last few months I've been on a "Clean bulk" diet, but thinking about changing it up a little bit

Right now I'm trying to focus on having just enough carbs per day to have enough energy during a 1 hour workout (weights, no cardio)

What do you guys think about a diet that would include

little over 300g/protein/day
100g/carbs/day
20g/fat/day

any help would be appreciated ...

Bad Meets Evil
04-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Hey guys

In the last few months I've been on a "Clean bulk" diet, but thinking about changing it up a little bit

Right now I'm trying to focus on having just enough carbs per day to have enough energy during a 1 hour workout (weights, no cardio)

What do you guys think about a diet that would include

little over 300g/protein/day
100g/carbs/day
20g/fat/day

any help would be appreciated ...

I don't know I added up your macros and it sounds like you're getting less than 1800 cals a day.

Protein: 1200 cals
Carbs: 400 cals
Fats: 180 cals

Any reason why you would wnat your calorie count so low?

The Brotherhood
04-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Fats too low to maintain metabolic and cerebral function over a sustained period of time.

Carbohydrates too low for an optimal bulk.

Depending on your bodytype, either go for 1g/lb of bodyweight in protein to 2g/lb of bodyweight, endomorphs on the lower end and ectomorphs on the higher end.

50-60g of fat a day is a minimum, but studies have shown that a diet in over 30% fat increases serum test levels, so I would up the fat further, and compensate the remaining goal calories with carbs.

kEEnan6
04-07-2007, 02:11 AM
My main focus is to gain lean muscle and avoid any unwanted fat.

I have been lifting for 7 months now and my body has def. changed when it comes to definition

so far my diet has been 220g/protein/day

around 200g of carbs and 20g/fat

I have yet to start cardio, but have this strange feeling that I would just start looking scrawny down the road....

so i guess my goal is to lose the fat and just keep gaining lean muscle

what kind of diet do you guys suggest? and what about cardio (Should i start doing that? how much?)

Bad Meets Evil
04-07-2007, 02:33 AM
My main focus is to gain lean muscle and avoid any unwanted fat.

I have been lifting for 7 months now and my body has def. changed when it comes to definition

so far my diet has been 220g/protein/day

around 200g of carbs and 20g/fat

I have yet to start cardio, but have this strange feeling that I would just start looking scrawny down the road....

so i guess my goal is to lose the fat and just keep gaining lean muscle

what kind of diet do you guys suggest? and what about cardio (Should i start doing that? how much?)

Sub 1800 calories will help you lose fat...and muscle which achieves one of your goals and goes against another. Your former diet:

Protein: 880 cals
Carbs: 800 cals
Fats: 180 cals

Seemed pretty extreme as well. Judging by your stats breaking that 1800 calorie barrier wouldn't hurt you at all. Breaking the 2500 calorie barrier wouldn't hurt you either. Usually it's guys that used to be overweight that usually shoot this low calorie wise, so I would recommend upping your cals to maybe 2500 - 3000?

As for cardio, you'll get some mixed responses, but just find out what works for you. And if you eat enough you won't get scrawny after doing lots of cardio.