PDA

View Full Version : Bad knees

30/7/66
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I have been working out now for about a year and a half, and only in the last few months have my knees started to cause me some uncomfort. Fortunately my knees aren't causing me much pain(yet), more so annoyance. Whether it be slight pain, a loud *CLICK* noise that projects from my left knee, and a contstant grinding/clicking that I can feel in both knees(especially when working glutes/hams).

What is the solution to prevent bad knees from worsening? Knee straps? Cod liver oil? Lowering stack? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

DJAuto
04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I have been working out now for about a year and a half, and only in the last few months have my knees started to cause me some uncomfort. Fortunately my knees aren't causing me much pain(yet), more so annoyance. Whether it be slight pain, a loud *CLICK* noise that projects from my left knee, and a contstant grinding/clicking that I can feel in both knees(especially when working glutes/hams).

What is the solution to prevent bad knees from worsening? Knee straps? Cod liver oil? Lowering stack? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Wraps may help.

What exercises does it happen on? Leg press, squats?

30/7/66
04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Wraps may help.

What exercises does it happen on? Leg press, squats?

Mostly on lying leg curls

JRT6
04-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Knee wraps will just make it worse because you are gonna force the patella (knee cap) in and make the grinding in your knee worse. Sounds like you have some cartilage wear in your knee. Eveyone will get this over the course of their lives but you are awfully young for it. Time to see the sports doctor and get some piece of mind.

Lager1
04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I would take some joint supplements, with glucosamine/chondroiten and hyaluronic acid, along with vitamin C and plenty of protein. You're cartilage is probably worn down, you might want to limit the prolonged knee damage (long distance runs, high impact things) in the meantime.

Sandguy
04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
My knee used to hurt sometimes if I'd sit straight upright on leg extensions. I've started leaning back a little and it doesn't hurt anymore at all. Maybe try some seated leg curls or changing body position.

oziem
04-06-2007, 06:58 PM
anterior cruciate may be weak. Have a doc or trainer do a drawer sign test to see if the leg has proper anterior resistance.

You may wish to experiment with step ups and reverse bike pedaling on the exercise bike.

kieljohnson007
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Just to comment on what was said earlier about glucosamine/chron. I have had joint problems for a few years and (Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength) is a great product it has glucosamine, chrondroitin, msm, vitamin C and a joint lubricating shield in it. This has been the only joint care that has really worked for me and it is very inexpensive I would definately see if this product can help you it has done wonders for me. Just pick it up from wal mart or walgreens

bigasssnowman
04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
my knees arent that great either, my cartlidge is as jagged as broken glass.
first i would spend the money and get a good pair of shoes. i like saconys.
2nd I've been using labrada elasti joint formula the best imo and its pretty cheap $22ish (froogle is your friend.)

for my leg workout i warm up on the bike then pull the pin out of the leg ext machine and do 100 reps 33 with toes straight 33 with toes in 34 with toes out. then do 30 reps with no weight on the leg curl. also just regular knee braces the ones you get at sporting stores the neaprine wet suit material with the hole cut out for your knee cap. when i wear these the difference is night and day. another thing that really helped was seeing a good misuse and haveing her break up the scar tissue in your knee. my knee cap would only move back and forth, after a few very painful sessions with her my knee would move up down side to side and in a X. I also confirmed this with the doc that performed my knee surgery and he said using a misuse is a hell of alot better and cheaper then doing another surgery to clean up the scar tissue.

at least this is what has been working for me.

Trbovich12
04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I've had the same problem and I realized that daily visits to the trainer at my school has helped. He put stims on my knees and it helped. Also after working out Put a ice pack on ur hurt knee it will help alot. Last but not least i recommend knee straps

PS.. A great workout to help strengthen your knee would be dumbbell step ups.

Bodybuilder9x6c
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Stay of them! Get some knee pads or switch positions! Lol!

moondg29
04-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Glucosamine, Super Cissus, Megadose Fish Oil, And take it light on your legs for 3-4 weeks.

Try it out.

dexterium
04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah I would definitely say get onto the Glucosamine (TKE Joint Boost is excellent) and fish oil. If there is pain , USPLabs SuperCissus RX should deal with the problem.