PDA

View Full Version : Both Calves are hurting

CanadaOwnage
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Whenever I stand up and put my legs straight it feels like my calves are ripping apart. I worked out my calves on tuesday night and they are still like this.

PhoenixBuff
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Whenever I stand up and put my legs straight it feels like my calves are ripping apart. I worked out my calves on tuesday night and they are still like this.

Could be that you didn't properly stretch them before you started your workout? Always stretch your calves between sets too! IMHO.

Charged
04-06-2007, 10:13 AM
you may of even over streched them

SDFlip
04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
go for a walk.

Baker19
04-06-2007, 10:19 AM
go for a walk.

Incline walking gets rid of leg doms for me.

Decapolis
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
If it's the kind of hurting I'm thinking of, then...

Light walk
Massage the area that's sore
Stretch but don't over do it.

When I go w/o training my calves for awhile, I know what I'm in for, for the next 4 days. The above 3 things I mentioned worked best for me.

GL

Bushmaster
04-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Potassium.

When you workout, you sweat and lose stuff. And if you don't get it put back then you won't operate at 100%. Not saying your diet is bad but for some reason potassium doesn't always get replaced like it should, especially in hot weather.. So for some reason then you get muscle cramps - usually in your calves. I had them earlier in the week and you're right they hurt like ten motherfukers! :eek:

Its a simple fix though, just eat a couple of bananas or something with a lot of potassium in it and you'll be good to go. ;)

bigDADDY205
04-06-2007, 11:40 AM

I remember the first time I tried Strength Shoes, I was probably 16 or 17. Followed the program, wore them around a bit to get used to them, then went to do my first workout. Couldn't even finish, was sore for probably a week, but it did go away eventually. How long has it been since the workout? Must have been a doozy. I know it's painful at that stage, but keep stretching.

Mycophage
04-07-2007, 12:24 PM
i definitely suggest a daily multivitamin, and an electrolyte drink during workouts (gatorade, ect), bushmaster is right, you lose ions in sweat, and it throws off your electrolyte balance. i sweat a TON, and start cramping up twds the end of my workout.

also, a good massage (for me at least), is to lay on your stomach, and have your girlfriend lotion your calves (keeps the hair from getting pulled out), then have her mount you (not that kind...at least until later), and use the edges of her shins to rub your calves up and down. then have her stand up, and do the same thing using the insteps of her feet (have her grip a wall so she doesn't fall).

those massages really work for me, i think the calves are WAY to hard and strong to really benefit from hand massages, i personally need a ton of weight on them to work the knots and soreness out. hope this helps!