PDA

View Full Version : lookin to gain weight but...

rmatic1
01-17-2004, 06:19 PM
scared of ruining my cutting sucess.....i weigh 143 or so, im pissed off, i want to weigh more, but i look real good right now, im just not satisfied with size. Another thing is, the other day i decdied that ill start to bulk, and i found myself eating 5 pb sandwhiches in 1 serving with a bowl of fiber cereal.... im just scared about ****ing up what i worked for, im so confused in what i want... :!SDAASD

then i thought, maybe do high calores/carbs on weight days<
low carbs, (under 90) on cardio days... derno where that will take me...

with my activity and whatnot i need to eat around 3000 cals ,anyone else facing this issue and any good ways to deal with it?

NJE
01-17-2004, 06:35 PM
You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. You will gain a little fat while bulking. There is no way around this. You can keep the fat gain minimal by doing a CLEAN bulk. Do a quick search and read a few others examples.

kj2833
01-17-2004, 06:36 PM
I can remember weighing that much. you would be suprised how much you have to eat to gain weight and or fat at your size. If you wanna gain some real weight you might have to lose that grip on what your abs look like. Thats why people bulk up when gaining weight, save the cutting for when you have something real to cut. The idea of bulking is to take in a **** load of calories while eating clean. If you eat clean you wont wreck anything youve worked for permanatly. Do some reading on nutrition at the bodybuilding.com main site, and look for some bulking info. You got a ways to go before you start worrying about definition lines, plus the bigger you get the less noticable the extra weight will be. When i first started lifting my waist and chest grew a ton, which made my stomach less noticable, which by the way ive had some bloat before and never(at my worst) had anybody say anything.

EAT, EAT EAT EAT SOME MORE
Good luck

massive member
01-17-2004, 06:38 PM
you need a plan

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79491&highlight=massive+member

rmatic1
01-17-2004, 06:41 PM
yea, ive been through both a bulking and cutting phase, but i ****ed up my cutting cycle, lost 10-15 lbs in like 3 months, SOO i lost size too and strength fast, i exercise everday, usually lifting 5x a week, and carido 3, i dont plan on getting rid of cardio

at this point its not like my abs are rock solid viisble... so it woudlent be that much that im parting with, its jsut i have serious OCD and ahhh just scared thats all (reason i lost so much weight cutting was cause i started becoming annorexic) , and i dont really have that muhc time cause summer is comming... i know all there is to bulk and whatnot, i have meals planned and everything... if i start now with gianing 12 lbs approx when do u think would be a good time to stop?im pretty confident i can cut quick, like begining of june, so that gives me 5 or so months...

Kamil
01-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Sorry to say but you need to suck it up and get over your fears! Realize that the only way you will gain mass and retain a level of "tone" is to bulk smart, bulk clean. There is plenty of information on how to do this here on this forum, so just do your research and dedicate yourself to a solid plan... Try keeping a log and take before/after pictures for a while, you'd be amazed how much this helps keep you on track. If you follow a good plan and maintain it for 1+ months, you WILL see results.

rmatic1
01-18-2004, 04:47 AM
k thanks for the the replies, i was thinking of like i mentioned before, hgih carb/calorie day on lifting days, basically a bulkers diet , and on cardio days, a cutters diet, with low carbs and high protein....

rmatic1
01-18-2004, 07:19 AM