PDA

View Full Version : Questions on getting ripped

playa1120x
11-16-2001, 07:00 PM
I weigh 225 with 18% body fat. I'm getting rid of most of that fat now on the Protein Power diet. This diet consistes of 30 grams a day. Once i get down to my goal weight i plan to slowly add carbs until i'm not using any more. I have done this before, but had to gain weight for football so i went from my post-diet 180 to 230 over about a 8 months. A thing i am concerned about is left over skin. I was a lean 10 percent at my prime and had decent tone, but excess skin from my larger days left me looking only partially define. My best guess is that after i loose my fat i should get on some supplements. I like creatine, have used it before with good results, and off course i take my whey protein everyday. Any other ideas on how to bulk up after i've lost the excess fat?

millage
11-22-2001, 10:41 AM
A Nor-Diol, 4-ad stack would give you pretty good bulking gains.. Or maybe Megabol X/Anabol X stack, i have heard good things about this. If not prohormones then creatine and a good weight gainer will do. Maybe even some liver tabs and a multi vitamin if ur not already on one.

playa1120x
11-22-2001, 01:25 PM
the problem with this low carb diet is that you usually gain the weight back so easily. I've heard that the key to loosing weight and keeping it off is to take your time and loose it slowly. Does this mean that maybe i should allow more carbs in my diet just so that my insulin receptors don't go haywire when i return to normal eating. I know i won't loose fat as fast, but i would much rather loose it slowly then loose it fast and have it be only temporary.

millage
11-22-2001, 01:59 PM
Im not very smart when it comes to dieting, send a private message to "Big Cat" and he'll answer your question pretty quick... Is this Mike?

Mr.Lean
11-23-2001, 06:26 PM
Playa your right go for gradual wieght loss no more than 2 pounds a week. Just monitor calories and remember you only put excessive fat on fast if you eat too much so once youve reached your target weight also look to increase calories gradually making sure you dont go too high.

wannashreddd
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi fella's, I have just this minute signed up to bodybuilding.com with one main question.
would I look ripped at all if I were to drop down to 8% bodyfat?

my stats are as follows:
- power lifting 1 and a half years
- overall weight 158 lbs
- lean mass 140 lbs
- height 5'10
- bodyfat 14.48%

I want to lose bodyfat before I begin a slow bulk. I still have some lower ab fat and love handles, do not really want bulk with these stubborn fat areas playing on my mind. Do you thnk I would look fairly good at 8% or am I likely to look skinny and as though I have never worked out? I am sorry if it is rude to write a question in someone elses forum; however, I am still learning and have not figured out how to start my own.

Any help would be much appreciated!

csb5731
03-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi fella's, I have just this minute signed up to bodybuilding.com with one main question.
would I look ripped at all if I were to drop down to 8% bodyfat?

my stats are as follows:
- power lifting 1 and a half years
- overall weight 158 lbs
- lean mass 140 lbs
- height 5'10
- bodyfat 14.48%

I want to lose bodyfat before I begin a slow bulk. I still have some lower ab fat and love handles, do not really want bulk with these stubborn fat areas playing on my mind. Do you thnk I would look fairly good at 8% or am I likely to look skinny and as though I have never worked out? I am sorry if it is rude to write a question in someone elses forum; however, I am still learning and have not figured out how to start my own.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You might have better luck starting your own thread vs. bumping this 12-year old one! What this does is get's people answering the 12 year old question in the original post, and this get's a little goofy. I suspect most people will tell you to work on adding more lean mass.