PDA

View Full Version : ezekiel french toast

sportyhp
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
just curious, has anyone ever attempted to make a healthy french toast w/ ezekiel bread?

CF10
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
This thread doesnt mention ezekiel bread I dont think but the recipe looks like it would work well, just substitute ezekiel bread. Or just find a healthy WW bread and you'd be fine. I'm gonna try it out here soon. Good luck.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2066541

sportyhp
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
awesome thanks, reps

CF10
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Just wanted to update this. I just got done eating my first ever ezekiel french toast and it is fantastic. This is what I used:

6 egg whites
1 whole egg
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of vanilla extract
3 pieces ezekiel bread

Directions:

Thoroughly mix eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread into mixture and press down with fork (the ezekiel bread doesnt absorb liquids that well). Flip the bread and push down some more until it is soaked. Place bread onto skillet and after youre done with all 3 pieces, (here's the key to the deal), dump the remaining liquid mixture on top of the 3 pieces on the skillet. Let cook for a few minutes and flip, let cook. Top off with calorie free syrup and calorie free butter and wow its one of the best things Ive eaten in a while :D

Nutrition Facts:

Calories 400
Protein 39
Carbs 45
Fiber 9
Fat 6

sportyhp
04-06-2007, 06:55 AM
yay perfect im about to make this in an hour haha!

getgot211
04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Top off with calorie free syrup and calorie free butter and wow its one of the best things Ive eaten in a while

I feel sorry for you.

Struct09
04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I've done it multiple times before. I just whisk some eggs, dip the ezekiel bread in, and make it like you would make any other type of french toast. Usually turns out pretty well.

CF10
04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I feel sorry for you.

Oh yeah why is that? You better have a good reason because unless I am misunderstanding your post, you are looking down on me for avoiding a ton of sugar and fat that would ruin an otherwise perfect bbing meal. Negged for being a condescending ass.

getgot211
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah why is that? You better have a good reason because unless I am misunderstanding your post, you are looking down on me for avoiding a ton of sugar and fat that would ruin an otherwise perfect bbing meal. Negged for being a condescending ass.

gotta love brotelligence.

Axle Foley
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM

I think you're jumping to conclusions too quickly. Of all the ways to construe that obviously vague statement, you chose the one that would warrant negging someone. Maybe he was sympathizing because your dedication led you to not enjoy a cheat meal in a while. You even acknowledged you may have misunderstood his post.

Glad to see people give the benefit of a doubt before dishing out negative reps (even if the person is a condescending @ss).

CF10
04-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I think you're jumping to conclusions too quickly. Of all the ways to construe that obviously vague statement, you chose the one that would warrant negging someone. Maybe he was sympathizing because your dedication led you to not enjoy a cheat meal in a while. You even acknowledged you may have misunderstood his post.

Glad to see people give the benefit of a doubt before dishing out negative reps (even if the person is a condescending @ss).

Well I make an effort to share a healthy and great tasting meal and I get condescending comments. And maybe I was quick with the neg trigger but remember Im dieting and Im moody ;)

Death From Above
04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Well I make an effort to share a healthy and great tasting meal and I get condescending comments. And maybe I was quick with the neg trigger but remember Im dieting and Im moody ;)

i feel your pain, some guy told me I had no will power the other day because I occasionally drank diet soda and had wow cow frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.