PDA

View Full Version : Milk thistle..Hawthorne dosage

BD123
01-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I am so cunfused on this....Do you take your milk thristle and hawthorne berry with your methyl 1-test cycle...or do you wait until the cycle is over

Deoudes59
01-07-2004, 03:43 AM
During, but don't take the Milk Thistle at the same time:
600-800mg Milk Thistle
500mg Hawthorn Berry
200mg CoEnzyme 10
*900mg ALA
500 NAC
*400mg 4-AD

* optional
this should keep you safe

dam225
01-07-2004, 05:48 AM
How should these doses be split up throughout the day?

Thanks,
D

buddha
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
the milk thistle is best taken before bed, or at least a few hours after your last M1T dose. you can also take it prior to a cycle and after as well.

the hawthorn berry and coq10 can be taken any time, since these would be used for keeping BP within normal ranges. my hawthorn berry is one dose (1 cap), for example, so i would just take it in the evening. the same goes for the coq10 (1 cap for dose).

depending upon the company, the NAC may just be a one cap dose as well. AST sold here is 1 cap with 500mg. if you have purchased the LG M1T, that also has NAC in it (250mg per tab).

Wheelies
01-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BD123
I am so cunfused on this....Do you take your milk thristle and hawthorne berry with your methyl 1-test cycle...or do you wait until the cycle is over

Pogue recommends taking milk thistle after the cycle is over. THis is what Im doing. The whole liver toxicity thing is thought to be a little over blown by alot of the more knowledgable guys on this board like Pogue.

Cogar
01-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Deoudes59
During, but don't take the Milk Thistle at the same time:
600-800mg Milk Thistle
500mg Hawthorn Berry
200mg CoEnzyme 10
*900mg ALA
500 NAC
*400mg 4-AD

* optional
this should keep you safe
These look like single cap doses for the most part. If that is the case, you can probably take double this amount with one dose in the morning and one in the evening. (Check the label on the various bottles. You will probably see that this is OK in most cases.)

Regarding the 4-AD, that will help you avoid lethargy (a problem I did not experience) and may increase gains. However, I also understand it will raise your cholesterol values, so anyone who does not have low values already may want to avoid this option.

Regarding taking liver protectants during the cycle, the only downside is that they may lessen gains somewhat--maybe. Still, what is more important to you, one more pound of muscle or a healthy liver? The choice is yours.

Edit: I wrote cholesterol values, may also raise LDL (low-density lipoprotein) values--or both.

NO MERCY
01-07-2004, 09:14 AM
http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199392&highlight=dose

Deoudes59
01-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Cogar
These look like single cap doses for the most part. If that is the case, you can probably take double this amount with one dose in the morning and one in the evening. (Check the label on the various bottles. You will probably see that this is OK in most cases.)

Regarding the 4-AD, that will help you avoid lethargy (a problem I did not experience) and may increase gains. However, I also understand it will raise your cholesterol values, so anyone who does not have low values already may want to avoid this option.

Regarding taking liver protectants during the cycle, the only downside is that they may lessen gains somewhat--maybe. Still, what is more important to you, one more pound of muscle or a healthy liver? The choice is yours.

Edit: I wrote cholesterol values, may also raise LDL (low-density lipoprotein) values--or both.

Well said -- avoid taking the milk thistle with the M1T.

legalgear
01-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Up the dose of Hawthorn. Also, the 4-AD will actually probably help keep cholesterol levels in check more than M1T straight, but probably won't help much. Hawthorn is great though and I would take it with my M1T. I take 3-4,000mg a day of standardized Hawthorn.

EDog

NO MERCY
01-07-2004, 02:06 PM
3-4 grams a day...interesting

legalgear
01-07-2004, 02:09 PM
For sure. It is great stuff but it is still a herb and you need quite a bit of it. I pop 3 or 4 every time I do a M1T tab and I just feel a lot better. It is great stuff. I also take 200mg of CoQ10 a day too. Cholesterol is the biggest concern of all prohormones. Hawthorn is great for your heart and blood pressue. I love the stuff!!! I was thinking about including it in our future M1T, but I am sick of people bitching every time I make a change to our tabs... One guy complained because they didn't break the same...well filler and NAC have different properties when tabbed.

EDog

NO MERCY
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by legalgear
I was thinking about including it in our future M1T, but I am sick of people bitching every time I make a change to our tabs... One guy complained because they didn't break the same...well filler and NAC have different properties when tabbed.

EDog

Ya you can't make everyone happy though brother

phil870
01-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Anyone know if BB.com sells Hawthorn berry. Can't seem to find it when I do a search. If not does anyone suggest any brand or places to get it? Or is it so widely available that a local health store might have it? Thanks

buddha
01-07-2004, 08:08 PM
phil870,

bb.com does not sell a hawthorn berry product. check your PM

Cogar
01-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by phil870
Anyone know if BB.com sells Hawthorn berry. Can't seem to find it when I do a search. If not does anyone suggest any brand or places to get it? Or is it so widely available that a local health store might have it? Thanks
Most health stores and drug stores should have it, and you can also find it in the health food section of many grocery stores.

legalgear
01-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Hawthorn is really cheap! Take it like candy is my motto. I love my heart and I don't want bad cholesterol issues! Look into it because it is good ****!

EDog