PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss creams... (spot reduction really possible?)

Miracle Fingers
01-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I know I'll probably be flamed for asking this ;) , but do cutting gels work?

I was reading this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fatloss.htm , and it says the following:

The latest innovation in fat loss technology brings us fat loss transdermals that are absorbed through the skin. Cutting Gel by NutraSport is the best selling epidril product we carry. You rub it on where YOU want to lose the fat. Skeptical? A recent Muscle Media issue (owned by EAS, a competitor to NutraSport) told about a study where women put Cutting Gel on one leg and not the other.

They lost more size on the one WITH the Cutting Gel. We were surprised too! From the feedback we've heard, this product and other yohimbe-based creams work very well, especially in conjunction with another fat burner.

Please don't immediately respond by telling me it doesn't work without looking at that link.

What do you guys think?

MsFit
01-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I think they are beneficial when combined with proper diet and exercise. I used a Cutting Gel wrap for my last contest. Can't say for sure if it worked or not, due to dieting and training, but every little bit helps.

sawastea
01-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Personally, I was very upset with Cutting Gel (Epidril)...I'd rate that right up there next to being on a cutting diet and eating pizza every day for a month (with ALL the toppings)

There are, however, a few transdermals that I think are top notch:

AVANT LABS
* Lipoderm
* Lipoderm Ultra
* Ab-Solve
* FL7

MP TECHNOLOGIES
* Yohimburn-DF

Good luck

Miracle Fingers
01-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Here's an interesting article:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par6.htm

From that article:

"Assuming we are not preparing for a photoshoot or competition, a product that merely acts as a diuretic rather than significantly aiding actual lipolysis is not what we want. "Cutting Gel" and "Dermalin-APg" belong in this category -- their active ingredient is aminophylline"

and:

"Such products WILL make you look more cut while you are taking them, but the true test of their efficacy is a week or two after you have stopped.

Products such as Avant Lab's LipoDerm-Y, Impact's DermaLean, SAN's LipoBurn, and Yohimburn -- basically any of the products with yohimbine and a handful of other ingredients -- fall into the latter category. They are intended to manipulate the adrenergic system, thus such products could cause true localized fat loss if formulated properly (and since yohimbine tends to make you HOLD water, their true test is also a week or two after you have stopped)."

Miracle Fingers
01-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sawastea
Personally, I was very upset with Cutting Gel (Epidril)...I'd rate that right up there next to being on a cutting diet and eating pizza every day for a month (with ALL the toppings)

There are, however, a few transdermals that I think are top notch:

AVANT LABS
* Lipoderm
* Lipoderm Ultra
* Ab-Solve
* FL7

MP TECHNOLOGIES
* Yohimburn-DF

Good luck

sawastea, how well did those products work for you?

larrydee19150
01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
What ever you do, don't get this mess. I brought it from my local GNC. Its sticky and it smellls bad. I rub it on my belly and it won't dissolve in the skin. Its sticky, smelly, stinky and it will rub off on your clothes. Steer clear from this one.

Needless to stay, it doesn't work.

Kraftydog
01-02-2005, 08:01 PM
What ever you do, don't get this mess. I brought it from my local GNC. Its sticky and it smellls bad. I rub it on my belly and it won't dissolve in the skin. Its sticky, smelly, stinky and it will rub off on your clothes. Steer clear from this one.

Needless to stay, it doesn't work.

Dermalin is crap, its made by the klein-becker bull**** machine.

You want Yohimburn ES or one of the other results tested yohimbine based topical.