PDA

View Full Version : Great Deals at SAMS CLUB!!!

Corbint
01-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Today I managed to find some great deals at Sams Club... 90% of the food there is processed, frozen, reheat-and-eat type crap, but, I found the following ::

- Egg Beaters in the HALF GALLON SIZE! WOW!

- 6 LB Bags of 99% Fat Free Boneless Skinless Tysons Chicken Breast and Chicken Tenderloins (about 11 bux per bag.. ) These are great because, per the instructions on the bag, you can cook the breasts without thawing them. Let the oven do the work!

- 2 LB Bag of Atlantic Salmon.. These are boneless, skinless fillets, individually wrapped(yes, they are farm raised) but they have 41grams of Protein and very little sodium. Very cool! (9 bux per bag)

- Quaker Oats... 55 gallon drum. Well, not quite, but its a BIG tub of them!

- Pre-roasted Tyson Chicken Halves (bit high on the fat content, but if you remove the skin, they arent bad at all.)

- Glucosamine / Chondroitin in large bottles.

Does anyone else have any good finds at Sams Club, Costco, or equivalent type stores?

rodedog57
01-04-2004, 03:58 PM
thanks for the info!!!. about the chicken I normally go by the nutrional content on the labels. BUT is that precooked weight or post cooked. My breast went from 410g (about 14 oz) to 310g (about 10oz) when I cooked it. which number should I use

Originally posted by Corbint
Today I managed to find some great deals at Sams Club... 90% of the food there is processed, frozen, reheat-and-eat type crap, but, I found the following ::

- Egg Beaters in the HALF GALLON SIZE! WOW!

- 6 LB Bags of 99% Fat Free Boneless Skinless Tysons Chicken Breast and Chicken Tenderloins (about 11 bux per bag.. ) These are great because, per the instructions on the bag, you can cook the breasts without thawing them. Let the oven do the work!

- 2 LB Bag of Atlantic Salmon.. These are boneless, skinless fillets, individually wrapped(yes, they are farm raised) but they have 41grams of Protein and very little sodium. Very cool! (9 bux per bag)

- Quaker Oats... 55 gallon drum. Well, not quite, but its a BIG tub of them!

- Pre-roasted Tyson Chicken Halves (bit high on the fat content, but if you remove the skin, they arent bad at all.)

- Glucosamine / Chondroitin in large bottles.

Does anyone else have any good finds at Sams Club, Costco, or equivalent type stores?

Corbint
01-04-2004, 04:06 PM
the weight for the breasts is always pre-cook

sidewinda
01-04-2004, 04:19 PM
geez, i wish that i had a huge bulk place near me, with prices like those... in south florida, we have costco's but the closest one is seriously far away... good finds those! kinda sad when im getting jealous over the size of your egg beaters, but that's life lol

Crematia
01-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I always keep a bag of those frozen salmon filets on hand. At Sam's Club, they tend to have fresh farm raised salmon rather cheap also. I get a huge piece for $5.00. They also have EAS carb control shakes (I hate em, the bf likes em) for $20 somrthing bucks a case.

rmatic1
01-04-2004, 05:39 PM
ha, yea costco, tons of chicken breasts, oatmeal, tuna, on and on and on!!!

Not So Big
01-04-2004, 06:01 PM
i buy all of that stuff every week except the egg beaters i buy the 18 packs of the eggs and get 3 of them so thats like 64 eggs or somethin