PDA

View Full Version : Do you need PWO recovery if you drink druing workout?

kibslib
01-03-2004, 11:07 AM
I went to the vitamin shoppe the other day and I was talking to one of the guys and he told me to drink my isopure , carb mix, and glutamine during my work out and that I didn't need a PWO drink after because I already drank during my work out. Is this true?

BoxerUK
01-03-2004, 11:49 AM
You should have your drink after the workout not during. You've been misinformed...

footballjunior
01-03-2004, 12:46 PM
i think either way is fine

candle25
01-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BoxerUK
You should have your drink after the workout not during. You've been misinformed...

Bump. The only thing you need to drink during a wo is water. If you want more it is beneficial to drink a carb, BCAA mix such as Black Star Labs offers. But you def need a post wo drink with protein, dextrose, and plenty of water.

tweeter37
01-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Don't tell yourself that one is better than the other. It all depends on how your body responds. Seems to me, that drinking, let's say 20g of protein during your workout, and then the rest right after would be a good way to go. I don't do this however because, when lifting extremely heavy (squats, deads, etc..) drinking too much water can make me sick to my stomach. Try it out, and see how it works.

musclemidget
01-03-2004, 02:34 PM
you can drink one during and it will just be giving you nutrients while you wo but you should have one after your wo regardless.

Douche_Nutz
01-03-2004, 02:47 PM

What? Are you kidding me? Pre and During workout nutrition is as important as Post-WO nutrition. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

BoxerUK
01-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Douche_Nutz
What? Are you kidding me? Pre and During workout nutrition is as important as Post-WO nutrition. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If you have a shake during your workout which contains carbs and protein vital blood will be diverted away from the muscles and to the stomach for digestion.

Also, drinking this drink during your workout will reduce adrenaline which is needed for a hard workout.

Feel free to continue having your shake during the workout but drinking water during your workout is best.

musclemidget
01-03-2004, 03:45 PM
there are pro's and con's to each side. IMHO, its much easier to not drink something while you work out and simply load up on nutrients after your wo.

kibslib
01-04-2004, 10:36 AM
O man views from both sides what should i do. I'll prob drink during my workout and have something small after. During my workout its 40g protein,60g maltodextrin, and 5g glutamine. And after I'll have about 20g protein, and 20-30g complex carbs

musclemidget
01-04-2004, 12:06 PM
there is no way you need 60g of malto at 158 lbs. i think its overkill even when bulking. you should switch to complex carbs during your wo and simple ones afterwards. 25g of complex carbs and 20g of protein would be fine to have while you wo, along w/plenty of water. your pw shake should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-35g protein and 30-40g of malto or dextrose.

Douche_Nutz
01-04-2004, 12:59 PM
If you have a shake during your workout which contains carbs and protein vital blood will be diverted away from the muscles and to the stomach for digestion.

Also, drinking this drink during your workout will reduce adrenaline which is needed for a hard workout.

Feel free to continue having your shake during the workout but drinking water during your workout is best.
If your shake is diluted enough this is not a problem at all.