PDA

View Full Version : favorite snacks

Big T-Rex
12-30-2003, 04:44 PM
I just started working out. I was 333lbs, now I am 290. I would like to loose about 50 to 70lbs more. I have a long way to go. Give me some of your favorite snacks. One of mine is dry chex cereal with raisons...thanks for any input

xxghostxx
12-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Vanilla Whey mixed with some flavor of Fat Free/ Sugar Free Jello Pudding.

Blueberries, ice, some kind of protein powder and a blender (antioxidants come rolling in)

Oatmeal,Milk,cinnamon, Peanut butter put in the microwave for a few minutes.

When i really want to cheat, peanut butter crunch. But I have found a knock off brand made with no sugar and no enriched flour, which i am thankful for.

Danon Light n'Fit Yogurts are always a pretty subtle choice too

Big T-Rex
12-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by xxghostxx
Vanilla Whey mixed with some flavor of Fat Free/ Sugar Free Jello Pudding.

Blueberries, ice, some kind of protein powder and a blender (antioxidants come rolling in)

Oatmeal,Milk,cinnamon, Peanut butter put in the microwave for a few minutes.

When i really want to cheat, peanut butter crunch. But I have found a knock off brand made with no sugar and no enriched flour, which i am thankful for.

Danon Light n'Fit Yogurts are always a pretty subtle choice too ..wow, these are some good ones. Thanks

Tim
12-30-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't really eat snacks, but rather 6 meals a day. Some of my "snackish" meals would be:

oatmeal with protein powder mixed in
my oatmeal protein pancakes (see recepie sticky)
cottage cheese with peanutbutter mixed in
protein bar (when I pretty much have no other choice)

b00kachi
12-30-2003, 05:36 PM
deffinetly protein bars if you can dish out the cash

also;

almonds
low gi fruits
berries
peices of deli meats
non sugar yogurt
veges w/ non at cream cheese

Big T-Rex
12-31-2003, 05:34 AM
protein bars...i cant take the chalky taste, to dry. It feels like I am eating sand. Do you do anything to them, for better taste.

Tim
12-31-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Big T-Rex
protein bars...i cant take the chalky taste, to dry. It feels like I am eating sand. Do you do anything to them, for better taste.
Some taste better than others. The MetRx protein bars taste like ass, as do many Pure Protein bars. But U-Turn Bars, Detour Bars, and most VHT Real Protein bars taste good.