PDA

View Full Version : green tea

corple
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
is there caffeine in green tea? im thinking no, but im thinking yes. id rather it not...i dont like stimulants. unless green tea happens to be a stimulant, i think its health properties outweigh the stimulant side

thoughts appreciated

per serving
young green tea leaves - 1800mg

mentho81
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Natural green tea is caffeinated. You can also buy "decaff" green tea though.

brendanm
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
You can get decaff, but reg green tea contains about 30-50mg/cup about 1/3 coffee

corple
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Natural green tea is caffienated. You can also buy "decaff" green tea though.

you sure? it has like barely any?

You can get decaff, but reg green tea contains about 30-50mg/cup about 1/3 coffee

ah thats what i was lookin for. i was gonna ask that:P

thanks for replies

24/7 Study
03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes it does, but less than half of normal tea. You might be able to find some that are caffeine free though as well.

24/7 Study
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
About the benefits.

With the amount of catechins in green tea, you would need to have about 5 servings to experience any real benefits. At least according to Alan H. Pressman anyhow. Even so, I have some green tea anyways, even if its not 5 servings (2/day) it still has good antioxidant properties.

corple
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
About the benefits.

With the amount of catechins in green tea, you would need to have about 5 servings to experience any real benefits. At least according to Alan H. Pressman anyhow. Even so, I have some green tea anyways, even if its not 5 servings (2/day) it still has good antioxidant properties.

yeah i cant drink down that much green tea, i just figure 1-2 cups a day is better than none. plus i have honey, and unsweetened coco and lots of fruits too. so, im sure it all adds up

24/7 Study
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
What kind of fruits do you eat?

This may sound silly, but do you eat the fruit peels?

corple
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
What kind of fruits do you eat?

This may sound silly, but do you eat the fruit peels?

lol of course i eat the fruit peels, i love them. fruit peels bad or somethin? o_O since i was small my mom always told me to eat my peel cause thats where all the vitamins are

but generally i eat grapes, bananas, apples, and pears...those are my fruits of choice. but random times i get random fruits, like plums, peaches..whatever

24/7 Study
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
lol of course i eat the fruit peels, i love them. fruit peels bad or somethin? o_O since i was small my mom always told me to eat my peel cause thats where all the vitamins are

but generally i eat grapes, bananas, apples, and pears...those are my fruits of choice. but random times i get random fruits, like plums, peaches..whatever

No, not at all. In-fact, the fruit peels, orange peel for example, is the part of the fruit that has the most bioflavonoid content. Just some people might consider eating orange peel disgusting or weird, anyhow, ya.

corple
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM
No, not at all. In-fact, the fruit peels, orange peel for example, is the part of the fruit that has the most bioflavonoid content. Just some people might consider eating orange peel disgusting or weird, anyhow, ya.

yeah i dont thikn i wanna eat orange peel:/ i mean i like my vitamins, but not that much lol