PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Pills?

MusclesFlyers
12-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Hey all, i'm just wondering whats everyones take on caffeine pills..I'm looking for a little added edge to my cardio/circuit training and my friend bought some SUPER ENERGY RUSH from GNC and it works fairly well on him so im wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions as to what brand i should try out..Thanks!!

97LT1
12-22-2003, 02:39 PM
My homemade ECA wouldn't be complete with out 'em. :D

I just buy regular caffiene pills. 200 mgs per cap. No more than 10 bucks a bottle.

MusclesFlyers
12-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I just did a search and did a little research on GO and that sounds pretty good and some people are taking it with ALCAR I hear..Now what exactly is ALCAR and where can I find it?

97LT1
12-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MusclesFlyers
Thanks for the info. I just did a search and did a little research on GO and that sounds pretty good and some people are taking it with ALCAR I hear..Now what exactly is ALCAR and where can I find it? I had to edit your post; as we have a no advertising rule against competitors of this site.

MusclesFlyers
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
no prob. man its completely understandable, but i have another question for everyone out there..Now I'm looking for like a super high energy boost for when i workout and do cardio..I also wouldn't mind it lasting throughout the day, but most importantly for the gym..I've read reviews on GO and that sounds good...Would GO by itself be good or should i take GO with something else or just take something completely different? Thanks guys

97LT1
12-22-2003, 03:09 PM
You don't need GO. Hell, taking 3 caffiene caps at 200mgs has no rival.

everythingzen
12-22-2003, 05:28 PM
i'd be careful with caffeine though... it's a very addictive substance... I began buying vivarian and other caffeine products 2 years ago to help staying awake while juggling work and school... I started taking one of those 200mg pills occasionally and they would make me shake... and eventually I got used to it and I took more and more and easily took anywhere from 400 - 800 mg of caffeine a day... but that was over a year ago.

Anyways I stopped taking caffeine like that a long time ago... Now i found a good use for them though... what I do is I break up about a 4th of a pill (200 mg pill, broke into a 4th equals 50mg of caffeine) and I crush it up and mix it into my pre-workout shake that I drink 30-60 minutes before lifting... it really helps my workout bc I'm always in and out of rehearsals at school, so by the time I get to the gym and I am dead tired. Plus I seem to get a really good pump from them too...

Plus cheap caffiene pills like Vivarian work well and they are like $5 for something like 16 of them...

97LT1
12-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by everythingzen
i'd be careful with caffeine though... it's a very addictive substance... I began buying vivarian and other caffeine products 2 years ago to help staying awake while juggling work and school... I started taking one of those 200mg pills occasionally and they would make me shake... and eventually I got used to it and I took more and more and easily took anywhere from 400 - 800 mg of caffeine a day... but that was over a year ago.

Anyways I stopped taking caffeine like that a long time ago... Now i found a good use for them though... what I do is I break up about a 4th of a pill (200 mg pill, broke into a 4th equals 50mg of caffeine) and I crush it up and mix it into my pre-workout shake that I drink 30-60 minutes before lifting... it really helps my workout bc I'm always in and out of rehearsals at school, so by the time I get to the gym and I am dead tired. Plus I seem to get a really good pump from them too...

Plus cheap caffiene pills like Vivarian work well and they are like $5 for something like 16 of them... Thanks for the informative post. Damn good IMO.

Caffiene is the original pre workout energizer(Besides Fast Orange and that was nuts for those who remember) and the cheapest.

MusclesFlyers
12-22-2003, 05:46 PM
thanks for the info..any idea as to where i can purchase some caffeine pills from for a good price?

97LT1
12-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MusclesFlyers
thanks for the info..any idea as to where i can purchase some caffeine pills from for a good price? Check the Cyberstore here. If you're not interested, try any supermarket or drugstore.

I'm a fan of NoDoz. :D

everythingzen
12-22-2003, 06:44 PM
yeah vivarian and all those other caffeine products can be purchased at a local 7-11, that's where I usually pick it up at.

97LT1
12-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by everythingzen
yeah vivarian and all those other caffeine products can be purchased at a local 7-11, that's where I usually pick it up at. ..along with Yellow Jackets, Stacker 2 & 3, pure ephedrine in the little white packets...

And of course, coffee. :D