PDA

View Full Version : I eat a lot of bread... isn't a carb a carb?

Methodical4u
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I hear people all the time make such a huge deal out of eating to much bread, but what I eat is whole wheat so I don't get what the big deal is.. a carb is a carb unless it's sugar which the only sugar I eat is the little bit that's in my food.. I just think people make such a big deal about it... what's the difference between whole wheat bread and brown rice? lol

CHM
03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
One might have a slower digestion rate than the other, but if bread is best for you, then eat it.

Methodical4u
03-27-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah, I just don't see the big deal about it

-TC-
03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
bread actually gets absorbed quicker than sugar if i call correctly

Methodical4u
03-27-2007, 06:51 PM
bread actually gets absorbed quicker than sugar if i call correctly

so would that be considered bad?

KryptoKnight
03-27-2007, 06:54 PM
There really isn't a huge difference between ww bread and brown rice, given that they're both whole grains. Only thing is the HFCS that is usually found in most ww breads (basically all of em). No, not a big deal, so eat your damn bread!

Methodical4u
03-27-2007, 07:18 PM
There really isn't a huge difference between ww bread and brown rice, given that they're both whole grains. Only thing is the HFCS that is usually found in most ww breads (basically all of em). No, not a big deal, so eat your damn bread!

good deal! I've eaten like 7 pieces today lol

KryptoKnight
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Just keep in mind, bread will do, but try to get your carbs from other places. It's not so much bread is bad, but really eating an excess of only one carb source as opposed to having some variety.

Methodical4u
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Just keep in mind, bread will do, but try to get your carbs from other places. It's not so much bread is bad, but really eating an excess of only one carb source as opposed to having some variety.

oh yeah I agree.. I try to eat brown rice.. get carbs from veggies and such even though it's hard to make them add up from veggies without eating a ton of them.