PDA

View Full Version : Can i get a recommendation for a weight gain product PLZ

WheelsCan
12-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Hey sorry to add yet another newbie question because it seems like you gusy get bombarded with these questions all the time.

Anyways i've been reading and reading and reading this website but theres literally thousands of articles and varying opinions that i'm left confused in the end.

Can you guys recommend me a product that i could use as a meal replacement if i'm too busy to make a meal.

I've been hearing bad things about N-Large as it contains too many sugars...that being said WHAT SHOULD I BUY?

My goal is to put weight on as i'm not satisfied weighting at 120lbs eeek. I goto kickboxing three times a week so that burns a significant amount of calories PLUS i'm an ectomorph from what i've read.

Any help is apprecieted.

Also should after my kickboxing workout is it a good idea to consume some protein? I've been hearing that i should try a Whey protein shake. Please share your opinoins on a good post work out shake please.

So in conlusion i need : 1) A meal replacement/Weight Gain product 2) A post workout product.

THX AGAIN!

Anabolik
12-18-2003, 04:51 PM
N Large II has sugars but you will be fine if you get that. The CALORIES is what you are concerned with. What i would do is spend lots of money on tons and tons of food, natty pb, skim milk, tuna, steak and eat as much clean food as you can. For a weight gainer id take N large II and i like pro complex by optimum nutition for post workout and a shake at anytime of the day.

Peace

Original Poster
12-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Food !
Chicken, fish, meat, eggs..........ect

2THICK
12-18-2003, 05:58 PM
If you are going to use a weight gain shake, just make your own. A personal favorite of mine:
Choclate Whey
4tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 cup oat meal (uncooked)
3 cups of milk

This works quite well for me.

such a loser yo
12-18-2003, 06:10 PM
i don't know why people even bother with nlarge...

go to your local supermarket, and get a box of 24 frozen hamburgers. there's your weight gainer.

WheelsCan
12-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Its pretty much just a convience thing. If i don't have time to make a meal i will atleast be able to chug down a shake and get SOMETHING

candle25
12-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Same here WheelsCan. I drink N Large II. I'll do more research before I buy another gainer. The home made gainers are better for you but IMO they taste like sh!t. You can only force feed yourself so long before the taste defeats the purpose. You wont gain much weight when you get sick of eating. Here are a few links for you to look into:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107014

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102356

Grant73
12-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Musle milk is an excellent choice. If you want mix it with a blender.

sidewinda
12-22-2003, 06:48 AM
i second the homemade shakes.... yeah, just throw in some whey, PB, oatmeal, milk, and maybe a banana and you're all set; it's really good too!