PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

spn
12-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Obviously alcohol is not good for fat loss and muscle gains but how does each stack up soley if calories are the same meaning w/out any mixes? . Why is wine better than even low carb beer ect? Hard liquor? I personally love my margaritas but save those for a cheat day!

ahhchon
12-08-2003, 09:43 AM
don't factor alchohol into anything, if you're going to drink that night make sure your water intake before it is allready at a gallon and drink water after every drink you have.

don't worry about anything else, you're trying to have fun, don't worry about the other stuff.

a night of drinking isn't going to kill you.

john

Bond
12-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Stick to drinks like straight vodka.. they will do less damage..

candle25
12-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Check this out:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md19.htm

FUNKCHILD
12-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ahhchon
drink water after every drink you have.
[/B]

it would take forever to get drunk that way wouldnt it? thus, forcing you to drink more drinks.. wouldnt it be easier to just drink alot of water prior to drinking alcohol? cuz i can only speak for myself, but i dont drink alcohol to be social or anything, when i drink it, its my intention to get inebriated.

im with johnny, i personally try to stick to drinking just vodka..
either by doing shots, or mixing it with low cal juice..

spn
12-08-2003, 12:01 PM
I had heard beer is metabolized differently than other alcohol thus causing the beer belly, although I'm a female :) I'm looking more for my clients

FUNKCHILD
12-08-2003, 12:03 PM
well that, and beer has a TON of calories.

its a shame too, because LOVE beer.. :(
and light beer is better, but tastes like ****.
so for me, i stick with vodka

BoxerUK
12-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by spn
I had heard beer is metabolized differently than other alcohol thus causing the beer belly, although I'm a female :) I'm looking more for my clients
Not true. the alcohol in beer is no different to the alcohol found in other drinks.

turgon
12-08-2003, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FUNKCHILD
[B]well that, and beer has a TON of calories.
{/B]{/QUOTE]

Ton? Usually (American style lager) beers average around 160 or so per bottle (regular beer, not the more potent Belgium-style beers). I wouldn't call that a ton; it's less than a regular soda such as Pepsi or Coke.

Bond
12-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Yeah it's not that much.... drink 15 cans and u have more cals than most ppl eat during the whole day while cutting.