PDA

View Full Version : Glutamine and Swole v2?

henley99
12-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi guys. I've gone thru lots of threads regarding these 2 supplements, but can't seem to find the ans to my problem.. so I guess i'll just post it here: Is it ok to take glutamine and swole v2 together after mixing them in the water, or do i have to consume them separately?

SilverMajesty
12-07-2003, 07:44 PM
some people say it matters, some doesn't, but glutamine and v2 have different reasons for their use, most only use glutamine while cutting. Even then, a lot of people take glutamine something like 3-4 times a day, wakeup,pre,post, and before bed. So all in all, its up to you. try it both way, see what works best for YOUR body. good choice on the supps, btw.

BoxerUK
12-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Taking them together is fine in my opinion.

How can 5g of glutamine and 5g of creatine compete for the same receptors?

Any opinions anyone?

sicosico
12-07-2003, 08:44 PM
do glutamine only during cutting not bulking !

Striation
12-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Why? I thought that it was used to speed up recovery as well.

henley99
12-08-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Striation
Why? I thought that it was used to speed up recovery as well.

yeah, i thought so too? i read people saying that glutamine didn't work for anything other than speeding up recovery, and thats what i am needing, so i'll have to take it.

by the way, i just had my first taste of glutamine today, and it sucks! :(

Lonny
12-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by BoxerUK
Taking them together is fine in my opinion.

How can 5g of glutamine and 5g of creatine compete for the same receptors?

Any opinions anyone?
There are no creatine and glutamine receptors!!

psy
12-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by henley99
by the way, i just had my first taste of glutamine today, and it sucks! :( If you dont want to mix it in with your whey, then try it in a glass with a small amount of gatorade or powerade, it masks the taste well.

sculli
12-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by henley99
yeah, i thought so too? i read people saying that glutamine didn't work for anything other than speeding up recovery, and thats what i am needing, so i'll have to take it.

by the way, i just had my first taste of glutamine today, and it sucks! :(
I hate that chalky taste too, which is what's kept me from using it lately. It's probably a better idea to mix it in with a protein shake anyway.