PDA

View Full Version : comin off cycled keto

Quiet Storm
11-14-2001, 07:54 PM
im only on my first week of this cycled keto diet, but then i go to thinkin, whatll happen when i get off and want to start bulkin? ill probly just gain all my blubbery coating back! or when im bulkin should i slowly increase calories and fat intake? advice would be greatly appreciated

drew
11-15-2001, 04:11 PM
Ah, the keto....worked great for me....Im doing it next summer. I didn't even have to keep my carbs super low. Going off of the diet is the same as any.....slowly increase your calories and you won't store tons of fat. It doesn't really matter how you readjust carbs and fat either, as long as the calories don't just up too quick.

Quiet Storm
11-15-2001, 04:16 PM
drew, i dont keep track of calories when im on keto, i just lose weight and i eat as much protein as i want, its only been a week and ive lost like 5lbs of fat, i can tell cause my arm measurements have hardly gone down ( they gotta go down a little, they are coated in fat)

Dorian
11-15-2001, 05:57 PM
when goin goff a keto slowly introduce carbs into your body you will experience some water weight at first but in time you should be able to eat full blast.

drew
11-15-2001, 05:58 PM
IF you can get results without calorie counting....then badass. You can probably get away with it for a while, but eventually you will need to calorie count so you know how many calories you drop say....every 1 or 2 weeks. I don't calorie count when bulking but Im an ectomorph. I lost quite a bit on my arms when I did this, but my strength went up almost every week on this diet as well, so it was all fat. Also my cuts started showing up QUICK.....as you can see, this diet is badass when done right. Good luck and stick with it. I know how much it sucks temporary changing your lifestyle for this diet, but it was worth it.

Quiet Storm
11-15-2001, 06:05 PM
i actually dont mind, i love meat! and i love chocolate but i got a great tasting chocolate whey shake and no sugar jello puddng i eat once in a while, the sad thing is once i had a dream i was eating at mcdonalds, it was like a sex dream! but it took away my cravings so its all good.

im an endo-meso with maintenance around 3000-3300 cals right now, after i was diagnosed with hypoactivethyroidism my weight skyrocketed and turned from pure meso to endo-meso, started off in the summer at 227, and am now at 210, tryin to get to 175 or 180.

thing is, i dont calorie count, but i think i eat just as much when as if i were bulking, i eat a couple cans of tuna, 2 or 3 lbs of meat (usually red, sometimes chicken), protein shakes, tons of oils/butter/fats, some protein cookies i baked (only took 5 mins!),
i estimate close to 2500 or 3000 cals/day. ill start keeping track

as well dorian, what you posted makes sense, slowly introducing carbs seems logical to me since i only get 30 a day now max, ill maybe double each week when i start bulkin in the future

missyd143
11-20-2001, 09:54 AM
what whey protein was the chocolate u said silent storm? which brand??

Dorian
11-20-2001, 10:32 AM
Oh and one other thing I have learned is that whey will produce a rise similar to that of sugar and sometimes it can be counterproductive while trying to stay in ketosis. for this reason i use casein mostly except after a workout.

Quiet Storm
11-21-2001, 11:14 AM
i use optimum 100% whey double rich chocolate
and i only ever use it after workouts cause it works so well, otherwise i get protein from whole foods