PDA

View Full Version : post ur egg whites recipes here.

manish
11-25-2003, 11:58 PM
pls post ur egg white recipes here.

RonnieWannabe
11-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Absolutely nothing ground-breaking here dude.

I just mix up my egg whites with a full egg, some grated low-fat cheddar cheese, diced chicken pieces and herbs. I cook it up in a non-stick frying pan like an omelette and add pepper and sweet chilli sauce before I eat it.

Weird combo but it tastes quite good!

I'm keen like you to know how others make their egg whites taste anything but bland....

Cardinal
11-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Same here, nothing ground breaking.

I do like to throw a bunch in a bowl and fry them in really thin layers (I use several skillets). Gives them a different texture/taste to me compared to making them omelet style for example.

Also, try cooking some bacon beforehand, then drain grease but don't wash skillet. Cook egg whites in there. Gives them a good bacon flavor.

manish
11-26-2003, 09:08 AM
are u bored of egg whites .here is spicy indian egg bhurji
ingridients: 6 egg whites , 3/4 cups of finely chopped onion ,ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tbsp,rice9[opt]
2 green chillies finely chopped,1 tbsp of red chilli powder, few finely spiked tomato,3tbsp edible oil.
method : on a non stick frying pan add cup of onion , chillies , ginger garlic paste , red chilli powder
along with 3 TBSP[LARGE] OF EDIBLE [VEGITABLE OIL .2 SAUTE IT UNTIL THE ONION IS LIGHT BROWN.
mix it.
3now add 6 egg whites and 1 yolk if u want to.keep the on full flame .

4 mix it thoroughly . add 1/2 tbsp of oil .add salt to taste.

5 THIS IS VERY IMP. MASH IT THE COOKED BATTER WITH GENTLY ON THE NON STICK PAN WITH THE MASHER.
MASH IT UNTIL COMPLETELY , MINUTELY MASHED.MASH THROUGHLY .

6 U CAN THIS EGG BHURJI WITH BURGER BUNS.

7 GARNISH WITH CORIANDER LEAVES.
note 1ginger garlic paste can me made in food processor.
2 note this a breakfast recipe made by muslims throught out india

edwds
11-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I first rip some ham and reduced-fat salami into small pieces, then I fry those first. Then, I pour in the egg whites and scramble them. It tastes pretty damn good.

I used to just make a 10 egg white omelette, which was pretty disgusting. My new recipe is a HUUGE step up from that.. tastes so much better :).

aZn PEC-age
11-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Just use whole eggs. Dietary cholestrol does not raise your blood cholestrol. It is digested in you body like normal fat is. Almost all of the cholestrol in your blood is made by your liver. Saturated fats and trans fatty acids cause your liver to make cholestrol. So egg yolks are perfectly healthy. They also have a lot of vitamins.
Just make an omelette with a whole egg. It tastes good and is healthy.

manish
11-27-2003, 02:20 PM
u can add a cup of rice also if u want to for carbs . with more recipes next time. bye..

Zachary
11-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by aZn PEC-age
Just use whole eggs. Dietary cholestrol does not raise your blood cholestrol. It is digested in you body like normal fat is. Almost all of the cholestrol in your blood is made by your liver. Saturated fats and trans fatty acids cause your liver to make cholestrol. So egg yolks are perfectly healthy. They also have a lot of vitamins.
Just make an omelette with a whole egg. It tastes good and is healthy.

You're missing the point, though. Most people know this now, thankfully, but an egg is 6g of protein and 75 calories. An egg white is ~18 calories and 3g of protein. The issue is that egg whites are very useful for getting pure protein -- this can be of major importance while cutting. Also, if you're eating a meal with carbohydrates, it's hard to have whole eggs and carbs and not end up with a ridiculously high-calorie meal. Some eggs are good, but egg whites are still very important by themselves.

lochick87
11-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Normally in the morning before school I'm so rushed I throw in a carton of egg beaters and season it with some garlic pepper. Maybe it's just me, but I like the taste of plain egg whites .

Zachary
11-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lochick87
Normally in the morning before school I'm so rushed I throw in a carton of egg beaters and season it with some garlic pepper. Maybe it's just me, but I like the taste of plain egg whites .

Egg Beaters != Egg Whites

Trust me...I love egg beaters, but I can't stand egg whites. They add a lot of junk to egg beaters to make them taste good. ;)

lochick87
11-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Zachary
Egg Beaters != Egg Whites

Trust me...I love egg beaters, but I can't stand egg whites. They add a lot of junk to egg beaters to make them taste good. ;)

I had no idea....I'll use plain egg whites tomorrow and see how I like them. Thanks. :)

stabmaster
11-27-2003, 06:28 PM
they add xanthan gum and coloring to give them the texture that reminds us of scrambled eggs... nothing else; however, i'm partial to egg beaters because of that 1% xanthan by volume :)

1/2 of an onion chopped up and saute it in the frying pan until slightly browned. you can do the bacon at the same time if you want. with or without bacon. gotta take the pan off the fryer until it stops sizzling, while you take the temperature down to low. replace and add the 1-2 cups egg whites. when you're done you can throw salsa on top of it if you like it that way.

basically a way to bulk up your egg whites without adding many calories.

littlejohn
11-27-2003, 06:36 PM
1 extra large egg
3 egg whites (1/3 cup)
italian seasoning
scrambled

-or-

1 extra large egg
3 egg whites (1/3 cup)
diced red bell pepper
diced onion
omelet style

Zachary
11-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by stabmaster
they add xanthan gum and coloring to give them the texture that reminds us of scrambled eggs... nothing else; however, i'm partial to egg beaters because of that 1% xanthan by volume :)

1/2 of an onion chopped up and saute it in the frying pan until slightly browned. you can do the bacon at the same time if you want. with or without bacon. gotta take the pan off the fryer until it stops sizzling, while you take the temperature down to low. replace and add the 1-2 cups egg whites. when you're done you can throw salsa on top of it if you like it that way.

basically a way to bulk up your egg whites without adding many calories.

Hrm...well I only get the Garden Vegetable/Southwestern ones, and they add all kinds of flavorings to those -- I figured they added those to normal Egg Beaters, too.

manish
11-29-2003, 10:46 AM
man u have to post recipes here and not to dicuss.