PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good home made weight gainer?

bodybuilda
11-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Anyone know a good recipee for a homeade weight gainer, i currently have the nlarge 2 protein powder chocolate flavored, so if anyone knows good things to add to that mix for a good high protein and coloric value would be nice.

Justang
11-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Go to the store and buy lots of Natural peanut butter, Oats, Bananas, and Some No fat or 1% fat milk. combo it toghther to your choosen! You could make it 1000+ calories if you wanted, Anyways those are my favorite food choices. Oh yeah buy some Olive Oil and put a tablespoon or 2 of that in there also its healthy fats.

Bignbuff
11-22-2003, 05:17 PM
NLarge isn't a great product. See the "Best of the Supplements Section" sticky in the supplements section. It has links to good threads of homemade weight gainer recipes.

raczyk
11-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Natural peanut butter, Oats, Bananas, and Some No fat or 1% fat milk. R u not supposed to mix FAT and CARBS together? I.e. recepie for fat gain?

Bignbuff
11-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by raczyk
Natural peanut butter, Oats, Bananas, and Some No fat or 1% fat milk. R u not supposed to mix FAT and CARBS together? I.e. recepie for fat gain?
No...Excess calories is.

raczyk
11-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Okay, but for a clean bulk only combinations of CARBS + PROTEIN or FAT + PROTEIN should be ingested. At least according to johnberardi.com, unless he is wrong..

nubreed
11-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Don't forget about lowfat cottage cheese and flaxseed oil, maybe some egg whites, splenda and flavor extracts for awesome no-cal taste.

Bignbuff
11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Okay, but for a clean bulk only combinations of CARBS + PROTEIN or FAT + PROTEIN should be ingested. At least according to johnberardi.com, unless he is wrong..
Yes for a clean bulk. Hence the name "clean". It's really the calories though that determine if you're gonna gain or lose weight.

Zachary
11-22-2003, 06:56 PM

He's John Berardi, of course he's wrong.

raczyk
11-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Zachary what's wrong with John Berardi? Do you have suggestions of better online sources with good BB information besides this site here?

bignbuff whats the point of gaining weight if there is going to be alot of fat gain? I mean you can eat a jar of peanut butter a day, but that would not be a good weight gainer..

Bignbuff
11-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Zachary what's wrong with John Berardi? Do you have suggestions of better online sources with good BB information besides this site here?

bignbuff whats the point of gaining weight if there is going to be alot of fat gain? I mean you can eat a jar of peanut butter a day, but that would not be a good weight gainer..
John Berardi's principles have been debated on many boards...mostly AL.

The point of gaining weight/bulking up is to gain muscle. The vast majority of people in this world cannot build muscle under natural circumstances unless you are consuming more calories than they burn per day. And guess what, consuming more calories than you burn per day equals fat gain.

JACKIE TREEHORN
11-22-2003, 07:14 PM
HEAVY cream........mmmmmmmmmmm.

raczyk
11-22-2003, 07:20 PM
bignbuff thx for the info, much appreciated. I'm a ectomorph and sick of being 135lb. Was going to buy a weight gainer, but decided I will be making my own. I want to use it post workout. Should I stick with Protein and hi GI carbs or add some fat to it and therefore increase calorie intake.

JACKIE TREEHORN
11-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Fat slows digestion.....Not what you want post work out.....

Bignbuff
11-22-2003, 07:35 PM
bignbuff thx for the info, much appreciated. I'm a ectomorph and sick of being 135lb. Was going to buy a weight gainer, but decided I will be making my own. I want to use it post workout. Should I stick with Protein and hi GI carbs or add some fat to it and therefore increase calorie intake.
Yes. No need to use high GI carbs though. You can use oats as a more clean alternative.