PDA

View Full Version : Fish Body Oils

IRISH23
03-19-2007, 07:57 PM
i bought soem today becuase i have been reading more and it feels like nothing i read is really sticking and i heard that ginkgo biloba and Fish Oils are good for the brain. so i took 1000mg of fish body oils, and i dunno know whether its me being tired or the fish oils, i feel weird. i got light headed, and i felt i guess you could say drained. how exactly does the fish oils work in terms of how they effect the body? i mean do they open the viens or something?

FlyingV
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
The omega 3 fatty acids in fish oil are used all throughout your body for both structural purposes - incorporated into brain cell membranes, for example - and functional purposes - made into hormone-like compounds that regulate different types of processes such as inflammation and circulation.

It's hard to say with any certainty if your fish oil caused your lightheadedness, I wouldnt think it's a potent enough vasodilator to induce that, esp at that dose (1 softgel). Ginkgo can increase circulation up there, maybe the combination of the two just made your more acutely more aware of being tired or...who knows. I sometimes get a semi-euphoric effect from high dose fish oil, where I'll feel especially aware and lucid for awhile. Doesnt happen a lot though and nothing I'd characterize as feeling lightheaded.

IRISH23
03-19-2007, 09:06 PM
oh okay i see, what happened was my viens opened up, i felt this in my chest and throughout my body, and i was tired as it was from work today. so hmm ... okay ... i took the softgel with dinner maybe that had soemthig to do with it. i felt so tired i had a pepsi, but i still took a short nap. maybe i should avoid stimulants and the fish oils?

i am mostly taking it for brain function the other stuff is just a bonus. though i dont think i should feel this much of an effect from just 1g's worth. well i'll give it a few more days maybe its the combination of the other things im taking thats making me feel like this. i may have too much blood "floodage", as my multi has l-arginine in it, so hmm i dunno ... well trail and error.

FlyingV
03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
ah...i think you need to avoid the pepsi bro, that's gotta be abt 35 grams of sugar? That would give me a hypoglycemic spike-crash easily. Refined sugar like the stuff in soda is - literally - the last thing you want if you're trying to promote brain function. Fish oil can enhance insulin sensitivity so maybe that magnified the effect of the sugar. Unless you had Diet Pepsi...

Either way, try and get a taste for iced/hot geen tea (need to sweeten it try, xylitol). It's got theanine, a little caffeine, antioxidants, it's dirt cheap....perfect beverage for lots of mental work.