PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss plan

Iago2700
11-14-2001, 09:19 AM
Anyone have a good weight loss plan for me - I'm 6' tall and about 250 - 23% bodyfat. I put on roughly 80 pounds in a year through aggressive lifting and eating, but now I want to get some of the extra fat off that I put on during that time. Right now I eat pretty well, drink 1 night a week and do minimal aerobic activity (excercise bike, stepper, etc...). I know I have to up the aerobic activity, but I don't want to lose the muscle gains I have made. My diet is probably 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. Any advice would really be appreciated.

muscle_girl
11-14-2001, 10:28 AM
Same advice for anyone! :-)
If at all possible have a cardio session in the mornings as soon as you wake up on an empty stomach (you can take some L-glutamine first - because of your concern for muscle loss). If you can only do cardio after your workout then just do it! Three to four times a week working from 20 min progressively up to 40min try to do cardio at varying intensity levels (HIIT style is best).

In the gym try to up your reps with weight training - don't try to hit your max weights :-) :-(

Play with your diet - your calories should be around 10 cal/lb of mass. Overall lower your carb intake (you may want to do this in graduated fashion since it sounds like you are used to higher intake). Do limit carbs to the morning hours and post workout - eat green vegs with your eve/night meals.

If you want to throw a typical days diet up on the board we can give you some more suggestions.

Also remember keep your water intake high -- it will keep you "fuller" and more alert.

Iago2700
11-14-2001, 11:31 AM
Thanks-

Here is my food intake on a typical day:

Protein Shake on the way to work @7am
Chicken and rice around 11am
Protein shake around 2pm
Protein shake and pretzels around 4 pm
Protein/Carb drink around 6:30 pm
"Normal" dinner (whatever is in the house or whatever I can pick up on the way home from the gym - not really healthy stuff, just whatever is most convenient) 9pm
2 ham/turkey sadwiches, protein shake 11pm

Generally, I am at the mercy of my job for eating - I spend a little over 12 hours a day there, hence the heavy reliance on mixes and powders during the day. At night I eat most of my solid food for the day - after work and the gym I get really hungry.

Also - between the shakes, I am probably using 3/4 of a gallon of skim milk and 6-7 scoops of protein powder total between all of them

Wildstyle
11-14-2001, 02:41 PM
Hey...

I'm right there with you man, but I'm 6'1 250lbs... don't know my bf % but it's probably near yours... the last time I weighed myself I was at 255lbs, and since then, two weeks ago with my Xenadrine pills my pants are much too big for me now in the waste.. so I think I've dropped some already in two weeks.

One suggestion that I have to you, is, don't eat the food before you go to bed. It will just sit in your stomach and not get digested right away and turn into fat. Your meals for dinner for "whatever you pickup" on the way home has to change. You can NOT eat fast food in any form. If you MUST, then be it grilled chicken with no mayo.

Remember, fast food is the worst thing, say NO to fried foods... it's just saturated fat... strait to the hips.

Muscle_girl has been very helpful to me... listen to what she has to say :)

muscle_girl
11-14-2001, 09:20 PM
Hey there,

I understand your schedule is real busy but your diet is the most important part of a good weight loss plan. You will really need to make a couple of changes if you want to see good results.

First, make a committment to cooking some meals and you can cook in bulk like once or twice a week -- weekends might be a good time. If you cook chicken or ground meat it will last baked potatoes and rice last too - I often make up a bunch of meals and throw in the vegs into a plastic container and then i can just quickly pull them out of the fridge before i take off in the morning. It's a committment to yourself and that's the most important kind. And always remember TUNA!!! I know that sounds horrible sometimes but hey let them laugh - you'll look good and be strong.
Second, you must count calories. Calories need to be less than maintenance but don't go below 10 cal/lb!!! Your body will go into starvation mode and it won't go anywhere but eating your muscle.
Third, no bread before bed. It's a rhyme!!! :-)
Actually you can have those sandwiches in the daytime instead of the shakes and stuff! I really don't like to advocate bread either cause it's not all that good for you but a sandwich as opposed to a shake is probably better. I see your am breakfast is a shake on your way to work -- make that a sandwich! It will be whole food and much better for you - cause that will kick start your metabolism.
After breakfast try to eat no more than 2.5/3(max) hours apart. If you wait longer you will have to restart your metabolism and that's not the quickest process. Plus it will sort of lead you to want to eat more and cheat cause you will be sooo hungry.
I don't know what your situation at work is - do the best you can. Hopefully you get a break or two during the day and that's when I suggest you eat a sandwich or one of those meals you packed on the weekend.
I shake or MRP or bar can be substituted on a "I gotta eat something cause i've waited 3 hours and have absolutely no time" basis but, you really must try to get whole food meals in there as much as possible. Your body takes that much more energy to consume them and that is good for you.
Try revising your diet -- sit down with a pen and paper and really work on what you can do.
Good luck and stick with it - you can do it!

nursenikki1980
07-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Well you have the diet right, and you already know to up the cardio, but to keep your muscle gains you need to continue with what ever it is that allowed your muscle gain. Just throw in cardio in 3 times a week. You could always look into any programs that incorporate both. I have done P90X, and it incorporates both and can be personalized so that you can maintain or build muscle. I loved it and plan on doing it again.
Hope this is helpful.
Nicole

Anyone have a good weight loss plan for me - I'm 6' tall and about 250 - 23% bodyfat. I put on roughly 80 pounds in a year through aggressive lifting and eating, but now I want to get some of the extra fat off that I put on during that time. Right now I eat pretty well, drink 1 night a week and do minimal aerobic activity (excercise bike, stepper, etc...). I know I have to up the aerobic activity, but I don't want to lose the muscle gains I have made. My diet is probably 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. Any advice would really be appreciated.

nlite2000
07-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Well you have the diet right, and you already know to up the cardio, but to keep your muscle gains you need to continue with what ever it is that allowed your muscle gain. Just throw in cardio in 3 times a week. You could always look into any programs that incorporate both. I have done P90X, and it incorporates both and can be personalized so that you can maintain or build muscle. I loved it and plan on doing it again.
Hope this is helpful.
Nicole

Epic Ten Year Bump.

solid19
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Losing Weight Through Steps From Programs Like Vive Weight Loss

Programs like Vive weight loss offer many examples of helpful ways to approach losing weight. To get the weight loss Salt Lake City residents may need, they can adopt some of the steps of programs like Vive weight loss. There are so many products, ideas, and approaches to losing weight it can be tough to know where to begin. Some people may get great help from programs like Vive, but others may not benefit from that route. This brief article will touch on a few of the good ideas programs like this use that could be used in almost anyone's weight loss efforts.

First, we will examine one of the keys to programs like Vive weight loss, which is evaluation of one's individual body. Second, we'll discuss how a personalized diet and workout plan is effective. Third, we'll talk about how obtaining the right help could make everything much better.

Aashish01
10-06-2014, 11:30 PM
your schedule is real busy but your diet is the most important part of a good weight loss plan. Losing Weight Through Steps From Programs Like Vive Weight Loss.

taylor242
06-05-2015, 10:02 AM
5 Foods to Help You Lose Weight

1. Beans
Inexpensive, filling, and versatile, beans are a great source of protein. Beans are also high in fiber and slow to digest. That means you feel full longer, which may stop you from eating more.

2. Soup
Start a meal with a cup of soup, and you may end up eating less. It doesn’t matter if the soup is chunky or pureed, as long as it's broth-based. You want to keep the soup to 100 to 150 calories a serving. So skip the dollops of cream and butter.

3. Dark Chocolate
Want to enjoy chocolate between meals? Pick a square or two of dark over the milky version. In one study, chocolate lovers who were given dark chocolate ate 15% less pizza a few hours later than those who had eaten milk chocolate.

4. Pureed Vegetables
You can add more veggies to your diet, enjoy your "cheat" foods, and cut back on the calories you’re eating, all at the same time. When Penn State researchers added pureed cauliflower and zucchini to mac and cheese, people seemed to like the dish just as much. But they ate 200 to 350 fewer calories. Those healthy vegetables added low-cal bulk to the tasty dish.

5. Eggs and Sausage
A protein-rich breakfast may help you resist snack attacks throughout the day.

In a study of a group of obese young women, those who started the day with 35 grams of protein -- that’s probably way more than you’re eating -- felt fuller right away. The women ate a 350-calorie breakfast that included eggs and a beef sausage patty. The effect of the high-protein breakfast seemed to last into the evening, when the women munched less on fatty, sugary goods than the women who had cereal for breakfast.

MarthaSimons
03-10-2016, 02:21 AM
There are tons of really great tips here. I've just read them and want to thank everyone for contributing.

grandrivermed
05-03-2016, 01:41 AM
Hello there,

I don't know whether you have heard about Vibration Therapy for weight loss or not. Let me tell you, Vibration therapy is a state-of-the-art technology that simulates an entire workout in just a few minutes. This therapy stimulates muscle tissue to create a symbiotic relationship between the cardiovascular, lymphatic, hormonal and nervous systems. When these systems are acting together in harmony, you can achieve your bodyís maximum weight loss results.

How does it Work?

The full body vibration therapy machine transmits energy throughout your body, forcing all of the muscles in your body to contract and relax multiple times per second. This replicates the feeling of exertion similar to that of exercise.

Using the vibration therapy machine for just 15 minutes daily, three times a week will help your body with weight loss and fat burning, as well as increasing strength, stamina and durability. Vibration therapy can also increase blood flow, bone density, reduce muscle soreness post-workout and combat cellulite in those hard to lose places on your body.

Want to know more about Vibration Therapy, visit - grandrivermed

andrewwilson84
05-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Well, you can go for a Medical Weight Loss.... What is Medical Weight Loss and How Can it Help you?

Medical weight loss is a term that is often thrown around casually by members of the weight loss business community. However, few consumers understand what the term really means and how it can help them lose the weight and achieve the body they desire.

What is medical weight loss?

Medical weight loss does not involve surgery or diet pills. It is rooted in medical principles that address the true cause of weight gain and obesity. Each medical weight loss plan is designed to be customized to the individual, ensuring that the patient achieves and maintains a healthy weight long-term. A successful program will incorporate a custom diet and exercise plan, combined with proven methods for a healthy and safe way to lose weight quickly.

Medical weight loss packages measure indicators of true weight loss, namely body fat percentage and the patientís overall metabolism. Over time, a personís body changes due to the aging process. In many cases weight gain is directly related to imbalances of hormones. Once people reach the age of 30, they often incur hormone imbalances due to advancing age. Rebalancing those hormones is paramount to helping your body get fit and stay fit long-term. This also means limiting drastic weight fluctuations.

Can medical weight loss help me?

When deciding to commit yourself to a plan, consider that all medical weight loss plans are customizable. Plans are designed to be sustainable and lasting. They take into account everything within your health and lifestyle profile. Professionals want a plan that fits with your body and something that you will commit to long-term.

Understand that medical weight loss programs are not an instant fix. While some short term solutions can be used to augment the effectiveness of programs. In general, these programs take time and personal commitment to lose the weight. However, if you remain committed to the program, you will see the results long after your sessions are over.