PDA

View Full Version : iced tea or diet coke?

BigBoogie
11-07-2003, 08:30 PM
I dont eat out much, but When I do I usually get Iced tea (I rarely drink pop). Now I know a bit more about nutrition, Im thinking the diet coke would be better (a lot less sugar) any thoughts?

CHISELROCK
11-07-2003, 09:39 PM
How about Iced Tea without sugar? I used to kill my tea with sugar (like 6 packs) then went to the sweet-n-low stuff, and now im sugar free. Its a taste you have to aquire.

As far as the diet coke is concerned, isnt the PH still a little low?

T.

oddball182
11-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by CHISELROCK
How about Iced Tea without sugar? I used to kill my tea with sugar (like 6 packs) then went to the sweet-n-low stuff, and now im sugar free. Its a taste you have to aquire.

As far as the diet coke is concerned, isnt the PH still a little low?

T.

bump

i personally like iced tea (no sugar) more then diet coke.

if you cant get sugar-free iced tea, then just go with the diet coke. (or be cheap like me and just dont order anything to drink and just drink the water they give you ;))

BigBoogie
11-09-2003, 06:08 AM
I know a lot of of places in the states give you cold tea when you order Iced tea. Up here in Canada its all the sugary kind. :(

CHISELROCK
11-09-2003, 08:25 PM
You know, how about ditching the coke and tea all together? I used to be a coke freak up untill about 5 months ago when I decided it was about time to get off my silly a$$ and get back into shape. I went from drinking 4 or 5 cokes and probably 1-2 glasses of water per day, to zero cokes and 1 gallon of water per day. I went completely coke free for about 3 weeks and then decided to have one with a pizza. It tasted like CRAP! I couldnt believe how bad it tasted!! It felt like I took a pound of sugar and mixed it with a liter of battery acid.

Now, im a 'water with lemon' man. I know, sounds kinda queer but hey, it beats batter acid:)

T.

newlifter87
11-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by CHISELROCK
You know, how about ditching the coke and tea all together? I used to be a coke freak up untill about 5 months ago when I decided it was about time to get off my silly a$$ and get back into shape. I went from drinking 4 or 5 cokes and probably 1-2 glasses of water per day, to zero cokes and 1 gallon of water per day. I went completely coke free for about 3 weeks and then decided to have one with a pizza. It tasted like CRAP! I couldnt believe how bad it tasted!! It felt like I took a pound of sugar and mixed it with a liter of battery acid.

Now, im a 'water with lemon' man. I know, sounds kinda queer but hey, it beats batter acid:)

T. Bump I actually enjoy water and dislike even diet sodas.

Count_Zero
11-10-2003, 04:27 AM
Here's a list of nutrient info for diet coke:

http://www.principalhealthnews.com/topic/nutrients/12031

Here's the nutrient info for unsweetened iced tea:

http://www.principalhealthnews.com/topic/nutrients/30996

They are similar nutritionally. In an 8 ounce serving iced tea has 0.7 more calories, 3 mg less sodium, 0.2g more carbs, 0.1g more sugar, 6g more potassium, and 3g more phosphorus than diet coke has.

Personally, I hang out at diners a lot and have recently switched from coffee to unsweetened iced tea.