PDA

View Full Version : should i be feeling something???

CutLoss
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I recently (monday), started to cut from aroun 17%bf and 220lbs. My question is should I feel myself being more hungry or any sort of burning sensation? I really dont feel that much different. My bulk diet had around 5k cals and I figure I should feel this much of a change.

Here is my diet for today---

Meal one-
2 Scoops ON Whey
14 oz Skim Milk
1 cup FF Cottage Cheese
2 1200mg FIsh oil
Multi

Meal Two-Pre Workout
12 Oz Turkey Break
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
1/2 Tomato
10 almonds
2 1200mg Fish Oil

Meal three-PWO
12 Oz Turkey Break
1/2 Tomato
2 Scoops ON Whey
12 oz skim milk

Meal Four-
10oz Turkey Breast
1 cup FF Cottage Cheese
1 Fish Oil
Small plain Salad

Meal Five-
2 scoops whey
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 almonds

How is this for a cutting diet?? Any tips would be cool. Thanks.

CutLoss
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
anyone??

ScottC
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Give it a few days. You may feel some additional hunger for a short time. Maybe you will be lucky and make the switch and not feel hungry...but I think you will and it will pass in a few days. If and when you do, be mindful not to eat too much additional food. Salad or other veggies fill the void nicely, along with your water intake.

qw3r
03-14-2007, 04:54 PM
I recently (monday), started to cut from aroun 17%bf and 220lbs. My question is should I feel myself being more hungry or any sort of burning sensation? I really dont feel that much different. My bulk diet had around 5k cals and I figure I should feel this much of a change.

Here is my diet for today---

Meal one-
2 Scoops ON Whey
14 oz Skim Milk
1 cup FF Cottage Cheese
2 1200mg FIsh oil
Multi

Meal Two-Pre Workout
12 Oz Turkey Break
1/2 Tomato
10 almonds
2 1200mg Fish Oil

Meal three-PWO
12 Oz Turkey Break
1/2 Tomato
2 Scoops ON Whey
12 oz skim milk

Meal Four-
10oz Turkey Breast
1 cup FF Cottage Cheese
1 Fish Oil
Small plain Salad

Meal Five-
2 scoops whey
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 almonds

How is this for a cutting diet?? Any tips would be cool. Thanks.

burning sensation?

are you serious?

if you could break those down into calories for us that would be great. heres my estimates by meal:

550 + 450 + 750 + 450 + 450 = 2650 kcal

of course that is a bit of a high/medium estimate, but i dont think its that far off. you just started, dont rush yourself to feel the negative aspects of cutting. just how much of your 5000 kcal bulking diet came from solid calories? liquid calories are easy to take in and dont leave you feeling nearly as full, so maybe that is why you dont miss them.

what are your goals? X total body weight in lbs loss per week? Y total body fat in lbs loss per week? Z% end cut body composition? imho, i believe that comming into a cutting cycle with a negative mindset and expecting the worst will only result in failure. effects and results may not come immediately. get ready to stick with it for as long as it takes and dont be afraid that you are doing something wrong if you arent feeling like anyone else, while at the same time know that change is necessary to progress.

basically, i cant help but feel that you are going to fall off if you are over analyzing things this much on your very first day. you did not increase your bf to 17% in one day, do not expect to lose it OR ANYTHING NOTICIBLE in a single day either.

jay.
03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
what's a turkey break?

CutLoss
03-14-2007, 08:49 PM
qw3r thanks for the help. Its just that I put on all this muscle and i don't wanna lose it cause i'm cutting wrong and wasn't sure if i should feel any different.

and jay--turkey breast* but i would like a break from turkey.

zaxx19
03-14-2007, 09:32 PM
No, actually im way heavier and eating 2350 Kcal a day and lifting and doing SOME cardio and losing and not really craving or suffering that much at all.

Perhaps it is knowing how to properly go about it that is helping us(i.e. eating multiple times a day, 6 or more, ensuring proper protein intake, staying away for the most part from simple sugars...empty calories...)